Open next form library item - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Open next form library item

Last post 08-28-2009 01:53 AM by Rémi MATAYRON. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2009 08:40 AM

Open next form library item

I have created a Workflow style form in IP2003 which posts back to a SharePoint Form Library.  I would like, when the user has completed the request presented on the form for the next item in the list (which would have to be queried to determine the oldest, unassigned item) to be opened, continuing this process until the query returns back a value of 0 (no more items in the library).

I have the name of the form tied to the ID (sequentially numbered) + a field from the form; my thought is that when queried, the form should be able to obtain the applicable item ID (from that I can query the library to obtain the other required field based on the ID) and then pass, at the very least, a shell command to open the next item from code.

My problem lies in the initial query.  I've been struggling to find a method or web service that will provide this information. I know I can query based on a value, however, I need something like a SQL statement "SELECT Min([ID]) as MinOfID FROM [SharePoint Form Library] WHERE [Assigned]="" AND [Status]="Approved".

Is this even possible?  Unfortunately, I do not have access to SharePoint Designer nor Visual Studio.  I must rely on IP 2003 and SharePoint.

• 08-28-2009 01:53 AM In reply to

Re: Open next form library item

I think you must try to use a CAML Query by code to do what you want.

It's the most easely way.

RĂ©mi MATAYRON / MVP InfoPath
    Visit my blog : Infopath Blog
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.