computation results, storage, etc. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

computation results, storage, etc.

Last post 11-12-2004 10:46 AM by Greg Collins. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-12-2004 02:33 AM

• octavio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-12-2004
    • Philippines
    • Posts 3

computation results, storage, etc.

hi,

is there a way for me to multiply (or add, sub, div for that matter) the values entered into 2 different fields and store its product on another data source, then sum all these products to compute for a grand total to be displayed.

to illustrate, i have a field for QUANTITY and UNIT COST, multiply the entered values then display to a textbox/expression box TOTAL. these fields reside on a repeating table so there can be several TOTALs, then i want to sum these totals and display it in a textbox or an expression box (what's better?) as GRAND TOTAL.

please advice. any help would be greatly appreciated. tnx
  • 11-12-2004 04:55 AM In reply to

• jonbrave
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-15-2004
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 59

Re: computation results, storage, etc.

Not sure, but I did an MSDN search for "sum infopath".

Article "Summary View Calculations in the Calculations Developer Sample Form" seems all about this.

Also, article "Using a Custom Script Library for Common Tasks" descibes the functions in Common.js, which has "sum" function: "Returns the sum of the nodes that match the specified XPath expression. You can use this function to create running totals."

?
  • 11-12-2004 10:46 AM In reply to

Re: computation results, storage, etc.

If you are using InfoPath SP1 you can use a formula as a default value for a field. This formula can do the kinds of operations you mentioned. The value can update automatically when the other fields change.

Greg Collins [InfoPath MVP]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.