Error message "new version of the form template" - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Error message "new version of the form template"

Last post 03-11-2011 08:08 AM by leoffneym. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2009 04:31 AM

Error message "new version of the form template"

We have a form that people will need to fill out and track for an entire month & the default name for their form is their id from active directory.  When somebody opens the template, the form displays a message that if they've already submitted a form previously that they'll need to open that form and update it.  To simplify things, we also display a dynamic link to their existing form.  This worked great until we needed to update the xsn with some new data.  Now some users are receiving this error message: "The form you are opening requires a new version of the form template. To upgrade the form template, please close all forms based on the form template and then open this one again. " 

If the user clicks File Close & then picks their individual form from the file history, then it works fine.  However, this is confusing for many users.  Does anybody have any thoughts on how to bypass this error?

• 08-22-2009 06:35 AM In reply to

Re: Error message "new version of the form template"

Hi bronham2,

Welcome to our forums!

In your form, can you try selecting Tools > Form Options > Versioning, then On version upgrade dropdown, choose "Automatically upgrade existing forms". When this option is selected, InfoPath won't prompt users to update existing forms. The update occurs automatically the next time they open an existing or new form.

Jo-Anne Alfafara
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™
  • 02-11-2010 12:07 PM In reply to

• zxkuqyb
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 01-14-2009
    • Indianapolis, IN
    • Posts 18

In my case, similar issue as posted above, SharePoint doesn't always perform this action of 'Upgrade existing forms" in the InfoPath Client.  I can't figure out why.  The only solution I can come up with is to have the user's click on Start and Run and in the command box, enter:  "Infopath /cache clearall".  That fixes my issue, but every time I make a template design change, the problem comes back...is this a bug w/ SharePoint or InfoPath?  Thoughts?

Regards,

Thomas N. Barrett

Thomas N. Barrett
  • 03-11-2011 07:35 AM In reply to

Having the same issue here.
  • 03-11-2011 08:08 AM In reply to

The only way I have found to fix this, is to have the user open a New(blank) form.  This works 99% of the time for us.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.