Display data only from secondary source - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Display data only from secondary source

Last post 11-02-2004 11:54 PM by Nolene. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-02-2004 11:54 PM

• Nolene
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-02-2004
    • Posts 2

Display data only from secondary source

I want to display a read-only list of names (a distribution list) selected from a query of an Access database (a secondary data source). If the form is emailed or printed, the entire list needs to be visible.

I was able to kind of do this into a list box, but the list box is not the correct control, because it's assuming that users will then select one of the items in the list (and will just print that item) and the box just made scroll bars rather than resizing the box to fit all the text. I couldn't see how to connect to the data source if I wanted to use a repeating table or some other control. I might be able use something other than Access to hold the secondary data if it would work better.

Details:
    I have a form with a drop down list called Property with 3 items and radio buttons called DocType with 9 items. I have an Access db with fields for DocType, Property, Name & Section. I would run a filter that said if DocType = DocType and Property = Property then list the Name field and the Section field. Ideally the list could be grouped by Section with the names under, but I could run separate controls for each Section (adding a filter for Section = Section). The control to display the results must expand to show all the text.

Can this be done? I am not a programmer so I need to rely on the dialog boxes and wizards within InfoPath or need to have the exact script written out.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.