exporting to excel, with rows - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

exporting to excel, with rows

Last post 07-28-2004 01:49 PM by Patrick Halstead. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-27-2004 06:13 PM

exporting to excel, with rows

I have 40 sets of data in one InfoPath page. I want to be able to separate each separate set of data by rows when exported into Excel. Each set of data is a small table with 2 text boxes and 2 drop downs. There are 40 different ones of those sets of data on this one page. If there is a way to separate them into rows of information each when exported to excel instead of having one row in excel of almost 160 values, I'd like to know. I don't want to use repeating tables because all of these sets of data are hard coded because they very in content. Is there a way to make it into xml to separate it or use Jscript. I'd like your ideas and solutions please.

I noticed your sample repeating tables which exported to rows, and it almost looked perfect until I realized it couldn't be hard coded, it was a repeating table--dont want that. I wonder if there is another way!! I'm a newbie by the way.

Thank you,
    Steve
  • 07-27-2004 06:18 PM In reply to

Re: exporting to excel, with rows

accidentally entered it twice!!
  • 07-28-2004 01:49 PM In reply to

Re: exporting to excel, with rows

Hi Steve,

Welcome to our forum! When I was at Microsoft, my team worked on Export to Excel back in V1 days and it hasn't changed significantly in SP1. I should be able to answer your question or point you to the right resource.

Exporting to Excel only supports using one table and all non-repeating leaf nodes, or just all non-repeating leaf nodes.

Couple options:
    1. You could write some code to access the Excel object model from InfoPath form and programmatically insert the data into it. Might be some work, but you have the most control.
    2. You could design an XML template for Excel. Bind the Excel spreadsheet to the XML and use the schema mapping tool in Excel to set up linkage. To use this option, you'll have to save the xml from InfoPath and open it using the Excel template. You'll also have to extract the schema from the InfoPath form to set up the mapping.

I don't understand your 2nd paragraph about "it couldn't be hard coded". What is "it"?
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.