Some Form Fields Uneditable After Saving To Form Library - Not Read Only Fields - Only Occuring On Some InfoPath 2003 Forms - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Some Form Fields Uneditable After Saving To Form Library - Not Read Only Fields - Only Occuring On Some InfoPath 2003 Forms

Last post 07-15-2009 11:09 AM by warrtalon. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-14-2009 08:36 AM

Some Form Fields Uneditable After Saving To Form Library - Not Read Only Fields - Only Occuring On Some InfoPath 2003 Forms

We have a SharePoint form library that contains instances of the same form template (e.g. each form submission saves to the form library), but it seems that some forms are having an error/issue that prevents us from editing the data in the fields.  This was not part of the form design, but seems to be occuring in multiple forms but not in others.  Our users use InfoPath 2003 with MOSS 2007 for the SharePoint version.

• Has anyone experienced this issue?
    • Do you know what causes it?
    • Do you know how we can resolve it?
  • 07-14-2009 11:24 AM In reply to

Re: Some Form Fields Uneditable After Saving To Form Library - Not Read Only Fields - Only Occuring On Some InfoPath 2003 Forms

What exactly are you saying?  Please explain in detail.  I also don't know what yo u mean by "contains instances of the same form template."  That doesn't sound right.  You only have one form template in a form library unless you are using content types and have assigned multiple DIFFERENT form templates as content types to a single form library.

• 07-14-2009 11:55 AM In reply to

Re: Some Form Fields Uneditable After Saving To Form Library - Not Read Only Fields - Only Occuring On Some InfoPath 2003 Forms

We just have multiple forms in the form library.  They are all based on the same form template and when you submit the form to the library a new .xml file is created.

On some forms, users are unable to edit previously populated information in fields like a drop down, text input, or date picker when the open the form from the form library.  The fields are not defined to be read only or they would not have been able to enter the information previously.

• 07-14-2009 12:04 PM In reply to

Ok, good, you said instances of the form template, but it's instances of the XML files based on that one template, which is how it should be.

Did you build this form?  Are you sure there isn't some conditional formatting on those fields, and are you sure there aren't separate views that have fields enabled and disabled, respectively?

• 07-14-2009 12:50 PM In reply to

Yes, I built the form so I am sure there is no conditional display, enablement, or read-only logic.

• 07-15-2009 11:09 AM In reply to

That's not logical, so I'm going to have to assume you're forgetting something for now.  If you'd like to have me look at the XSN, you can attach it to your reply.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.