Read only Rows for a Repeating Table in Infopath... - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Read only Rows for a Repeating Table in Infopath...

Last post 06-04-2019 05:05 AM by jvazquez. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-10-2019 05:38 AM In reply to

• jvazquez
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 05-07-2019
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 10

Re: Read only Rows for a Repeating Table in Infopath...

Hilary, this is just what I needed.  Thank you so much for taking the time to put that together for me.  Now my form is super legit :)

BTW, I am a huge fan of yours.  While I have been reading your responses in this forum for many years, I finally signed up to be a member.  You have no idea how much you have helped me.  You are definitely the InfoPath Queen!

• 05-10-2019 09:14 AM In reply to

Thank you - I learned so much from this forum when I was learning InfoPath that I'm always happy to hear that I've helped someone else. Have a great weekend!
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-03-2019 10:51 AM In reply to

• jvazquez
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 05-07-2019
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 10

Hi Hilary, follow up question on this topic. 

I have a repeating table which captures the user name, note type, date, (dash), and the user note.

I created another field within the repeating table section and added a formula to it within the field properties to concatenate the note type, date and user note.  I promoted this field to display on SharePoint.  The problem I ran into is that if the user did not enter a note, a dash was still being published to the library so I removed the formula from that field and instead created a rule to set the field with the concatenated values (when the user note is not blank). 

It works okay when there is only one note added but when I add a second note and save the form, it shows the first note twice and not the second note.  In my property promotions I did configure the field to go over as a merge. 

Not sure what I am doing wrong or if there is a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do? 

Would like to add the end result I am hoping for is that all notes from the repeating table appear on the sharepoint library. 

• 06-03-2019 11:39 AM In reply to

My guess is that the field with the rule is outside of the repeating table, so it is overwriting all the instances of the field. Can I see a copy of your form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-03-2019 12:03 PM In reply to

• jvazquez
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 05-07-2019
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 10

Thanks Hilary - please see attached.

• 06-03-2019 12:56 PM In reply to

Ok! So the issue is the rule on submit that is setting the NotesCombined field. I think you should put that on UserNote instead - after the rules that set user / date. And you'll want it to also set NotesCombined to blank if the UserNote field is blank, just like your other rules. When the rule setting a repeating element (like NotesCombined) is outside of the group, as you have seen, it sets all instances! So in this case, they are all set to the values from the first row in the table. Not what you wanted at all. But if the control / element that sets the repeating element is inside the same repeating group (like UserNote is) it only sets the "current" instance. So, if you have 5 rows, the "edit" button only works on the row it is associated with, for example. The UserNote field only sets the fields in the same row as it is.... does that make sense?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-04-2019 05:05 AM In reply to

• jvazquez
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 05-07-2019
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 10

That worked like a charm Hilary.  Once again, thank you for your quick responses and great explanations.

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.