How to connect to a XML file or SharePoint list sized at around 5500 records in browser-enabled Infopath form 2007 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to connect to a XML file or SharePoint list sized at around 5500 records in browser-enabled Infopath form 2007

Last post 06-11-2009 03:51 AM by ErnestoM. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-11-2009 03:10 AM

How to connect to a XML file or SharePoint list sized at around 5500 records in browser-enabled Infopath form 2007

Dear All,

I have a data file which contains around 5500 records of user data. I created two data connections -one to very huge XML file and another to very huge SharePoint list. However both can't work in Browser form due to server timeout or what ever make the server can't response. Once I cut it 1/4 in size of records then it wokrs hence I guess this is due to too many records.

I am wondering if there is anyway to connect to a single database file size @5500 records in browser-enabled InfoPath form? I don't have the SQL server.

Please help!

Regards,

Ada

• 06-11-2009 03:51 AM In reply to

Re: How to connect to a XML file or SharePoint list sized at around 5500 records in browser-enabled Infopath form 2007

Hi Ada,

I don't understand your question about SQL. However, the issue of large SharePoint lists is pretty common. Unfortunately, I don't know of an out-of-the-box solution for it. Some people opt for filtering.

For example, say you have customer data. You create two dropdowns: Country and Customer Name. As the user fills out the form, they first select Country, which then filters the Customer Name dropdown to a more managable size. I don't know if this is possible in your data but it's a common option.

The caveat: If you want to filter what is returned from the server, you will have to use a Web Service. SharePoint provides a bunch of Web services, but I'm not sure if they allow filtering on a list, especially server-side. We do this a lot using our Database Accelerator. We filter the contents from SharePoint and/or SQL.

If you want to filter client side, you can do this in InfoPath, but it means your form will still have to load all the records. In which case the performance of the form load will be affected.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.