adding file attachment to form created from data connection - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

adding file attachment to form created from data connection

Last post 06-10-2009 12:27 AM by Anuma. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-07-2009 12:10 AM

adding file attachment to form created from data connection

I am trying to add a file attachment field to a form created from a dataconnection but keep getting the error that it should be a certain type.

The error message is "A file attachment control must be bound to a non-repeating field with a picture or file attachment data type. If the field is part of a repeating group, then the file attachment control must be inside a repeating table or repeating section that is bound to that group"

What field type should it be in the database?

Thanks

Clare

• 06-07-2009 11:05 PM In reply to

Re: adding file attachment to form created from data connection

Hi

Make sure the attachement is in repeating section.Data Type in Database can be image/varbinary.

Madhuri
    http://www.ggktech.com
  • 06-09-2009 11:49 PM In reply to

I have tried database field as both image and varbinary(MAX).

Lots of fileds on my form are within a repeating section and When I try to enter a File attachment control in this repeating section I get a file attachment binding pop up. I select the correct data field and then again I get the message:

A file attachment control must be bound to a non-repeating field with a picture or file attachment data type. If the field is part of a repeating group, then the file attachment control must be inside a repeating table or repeating section that is bound to that group.

The repeating section on my form is bound to the Main datasource on the form to the data fields section.

Any ideas?

• 06-10-2009 12:27 AM In reply to

• Anuma
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 07-20-2005
    • India
    • Posts 525

Hi,

If your file attachment control is binded to secondary data source, then your repeating section should also be binded to secondary data source only.

I think you are added repeating section from Primary data source and trying to add attachment from secondary data source into that repeating section.

Anuma Chinthapalli /
    http://www.GGKTech.com
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.