Basic InfoPath Help Needed - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Basic InfoPath Help Needed

Last post 06-03-2009 07:52 AM by PPBWH. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-02-2009 10:37 AM

• PPBWH
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-02-2009
    • Posts 8

Basic InfoPath Help Needed

I recently discovered MS Infopath and have spent several days tring to learn it and design a form that will populate an Access database. I have encountered some hurdles that I need help with:

1) I have a form designed that has a data connection to an Access database in a shared network folder. My purpose for this is that when someone fills out the InfoPath form, the data will go into the Access database. But when I fill out the form, this does not work???

2) When I go to Tools, and then Submitting Forms, online tutorials tell me that I should have a "Submit To: Access Database" option, but I do not have this, even though my form has the data connection to the Access database in the shared network folder. Am I doing something wrong or can you not directly submit data from an InfoPath form (on a shared file area) into an Access database?

So in conclusion, I made a form, and published the form to a shared file area. When I fill out the form it asks if you want to save the data, where I clicked yes, but this just saves the form as a .xml document in the same folder. I can also get the form data as an email.

But it does not do me any good to see the form data in a .xml or email document.....how can I get data into an Access or Excel table?

The reason I wanted to use InfoPath is to create a simple form online (on a webpage) and have people fill out surveys, and I can collect the data in an Access or Excel database.

Thanks.

• 06-02-2009 02:43 PM In reply to

Re: Basic InfoPath Help Needed

• 06-03-2009 07:52 AM In reply to

• PPBWH
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-02-2009
    • Posts 8

Re: Basic InfoPath Help Needed

Thanks. I'll read the links.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.