Using Checkbox To Change View - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Using Checkbox To Change View

Last post 08-16-2012 10:12 AM by Doreen. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-29-2009 10:43 AM

Using Checkbox To Change View

I need to change a view when a user selects a check box. I knew this was available when opening a form, or pressing a button, but it doesn't appear to be available when changing a normal field.

I'd rather not use conditional formatting on a section, as there's multiple transitions this form goes through and I don't want to deal with that many options.

• 05-29-2009 11:16 PM In reply to

Re: Using Checkbox To Change View

Hi,

Do you want to change the view when user selects the check box?  Add an on after change event and write the below code.

if(checkboxValue)

{

thisXDocument.View.SwitchView(ViewName);

}

Swathip
    www.ggktech.com
  • 08-09-2012 05:14 AM In reply to

I'm using InfoPath 2010 and can't make it work with that code, can you give me more details, please?
  • 08-09-2012 08:54 AM In reply to

We had a little email exchange on this, but I figured I'd update the thread as well. To the best of my knowledge, it is not possible to switch views on a field change (unless you use a context changed event). But you could use buttons that look like a checkbox. Attaching a sample.

Hilary Stoupa

• 08-11-2012 09:21 AM In reply to

Hilary Stoupa:

We had a little email exchange on this, but I figured I'd update the thread as well. To the best of my knowledge, it is not possible to switch views on a field change (unless you use a context changed event). But you could use buttons that look like a checkbox. Attaching a sample.

Hilary,

How does it happen that letters in "Label:" of button on View1 are not shown at all while letter P of button label on View2 is shown as check mark?

I could have imagined that it is symbol of  a  chosen font but the font used (Calibri) doesn't have such symbols (I tried to type with it in MS Word 2010) as well as list box (Page Design, on ribbon > Properties > Text Settings > ) Apply Settings to: does not contain a button amongst available choices for applying a font. 

Again, 

How to suppress a label of a button and show check mark as a label?

How to change font setting of a button's label?  

Gennady Vanin (Novosibirsk) --- Геннадий Ванин (Новосибирск)
  • 08-12-2012 05:37 AM In reply to

I select the button then set the font in the ribbon, just like any other control. For the checkmark, I used a character font - can't remember which one off hand, but it was probably a Wingding font. For the other button, I just set the font color to white. :-)

Hilary Stoupa

• 08-16-2012 10:12 AM In reply to

• Doreen
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 08-11-2010
    • Federal Way, WA
    • Posts 291

Hilary - this is a super cool idea!  I will keep it in mine to use sometime.  Doreen

I stumbled upon this thread looking for how to programmatically set a checkbox to true (checked), to switch a view.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.