DataAdapterException on data connection - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

DataAdapterException on data connection

Last post 06-08-2009 02:01 AM by warrenroscoe. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-28-2009 06:22 AM

    DataAdapterException on data connection

     Hi,

    I have a browser based form that works in my dev and test environment, but is failing in production. SharePoint logs below.

    Questions are:

    Is the SQL error 282 relevant?

    What is the guid "1835f80f-d5b5-4f56-afbc-bd4189c8bbbb". This is a web service data adapter and not a list adapter ... so not sure what he GUID is referring to.

    When I preview my form in InfoPath before publishing it ... no errors occur ... so is my problem related to permissions - my web service is a custom web ervice hosted in _vti_bin/MyCustomWebService and to further complicate issues, the web service actually completes it's internal work (I put logging code in the C# code) prior to returning a dataset as result?

    I'm a bit stumped so any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated.

    05/28/2009 13:50:46.37  w3wp.exe (0x18EC)                        0x2E20 Windows SharePoint Services    Database                       6f8g Unexpected Unexpected query execution failure, error code 282. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below. "The 'proc_GetTpWebMetaDataAndListMetaData' procedure attempted to return a status of NULL, which is not allowed. A status of 0 will be returned instead." Query text (if available): "{?=call proc_GetTpWebMetaDataAndListMetaData(?,'F59C3E7D-580D-4776-B15A-DBD8C24C27DF',?,NULL,1,?,?,6187)}" 
    05/28/2009 13:50:46.46  w3wp.exe (0x18EC)                        0x2E20 Forms Server                   Forms Services Runtime - Data C 82fy Warning  The following query failed: GetUserCollectionFromGroup (User: INTERNATIONAL\dummyusr, Form Name: ProductFeedback, IP: , Request: http://eapps.web.sample.com/_layouts/FormServer.aspx?XsnLocation=http://eapps.web.sample.com/uk-ai/Sales/ProductFeedback/Forms/template.xsn&SaveLocation=http://eapps.web.sample.com/uk-ai/Sales/ProductFeedback&Source=http://eapps.web.sample.com/uk-ai/Sales/productfeedback/forms/allitems.aspx&DefaultItemOpen=1, Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:ProductFeedback:-myXSD-2008-05-13T09-44-36, Type: DataAdapterException, Exception Message: The form cannot run the specified query.) 1835f80f-d5b5-4f56-afbc-bd4189c8bbbb
    05/28/2009 13:50:46.48  w3wp.exe (0x18EC)                        0x2E20 Windows SharePoint Services    Database                       6f8g Unexpected Unexpected query execution failure, error code 282. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below. "The 'proc_GetTpWebMetaDataAndListMetaData' procedure attempted to return a status of NULL, which is not allowed. A status of 0 will be returned instead." Query text (if available): "{?=call proc_GetTpWebMetaDataAndListMetaData(?,'F59C3E7D-580D-4776-B15A-DBD8C24C27DF',?,NULL,1,?,?,6187)}" 

    thanks

    Warren

  • 05-31-2009 11:55 AM In reply to

    Re: DataAdapterException on data connection

    Hi Warren,

    Well, it's probably not relevant, but have you created a UDC connection for your form to use when it's in the browser mode?

    Looking at the errors in your log, my guess is that your Web Service failed internally due to the SQL query not being properly formed. My guess would be it has nothing to do with the InfoPath form.

    BTW, you can hire us to debug Web Service support issues. Go to Qdabra->Products->Support and purchase a support incident. Then, we'll contact you and do a Live Meeting and step through your Web Service... might be another option if you can't resolve on your own.

    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 06-08-2009 02:01 AM In reply to

    Re: DataAdapterException on data connection

    Hi Patrick,

    I am using a data connection, the WsdlUrl is shown below ...

    /_vti_bin/xxxxx.uk.ai.classa/usergroup.asmx?WSDL

    I have put trace statements in the web service, and it seems to be operating correctly ... the gist of the web service is to get a list of users to populate a drop-down list ... I have output the content of the dataset to the SP logs, so I don't think it is the web service that is failing ...

    public DataSet GetUserCollectionFromGroup(string groupName)

    {

    DataSet dsNewUserCollection = new DataSet();

    //... do some stuff here ...

    // ... calls built in SP web service first /_vti_bin/UserGroup.asmx

    // ... then adds and removes some users from the resulting dataset ... 

    return dsNewUserCollection;

    }

    cheers

    Warren

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.