Fowarding Active Forms via Microsoft Outlook - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Fowarding Active Forms via Microsoft Outlook

Last post 05-21-2009 02:31 PM by c_chidester. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2009 12:26 PM

Fowarding Active Forms via Microsoft Outlook

I had originally posted this on the newbies forum and didnt get a response.  Not sure where this question would be most appropriate. 

I have developed a form and work-flow that requires an active form to be emailed to multiple contacts. I have disabled the "Submit" function, so the users have to manaully forward the active form via Microsoft Outlook. After selecting email "Forward" via Outlook the form comes up in an email format and the subject line is pre-populated the text: "FW: InfoPath Form: <form name>".

I would like to customize the text in the subject line to default to something different. My question: Is there anyway to change the email subject line of the forwarded form to something other than the default message indentifying the form as an Infopath form? Second part to the question: Is there anyway to auto-populate the "CC" field in that same forwarded email? Keep in mind this is not a typical data connection type email. This is an active form being manually emailed via Outlook.

Thanks in advance for any help on this. Chuck Chidester

• 05-21-2009 02:08 PM In reply to

Re: Fowarding Active Forms via Microsoft Outlook

Hello Chuck,

What is the reason that you decided not to allow the submit button on the form? The reason I ask is that it seems that what you want to do can be easily accomplished using the submit button and some additional form configuration or an automated workflow. Can you explain in greater detail? Thanks.

Janice Thorne Microsoft Certified Professional

Qdabra / Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge
  • 05-21-2009 02:31 PM In reply to

Re: Fowarding Active Forms via Microsoft Outlook

Hi Janice, thank you for the response.  This form is part of a travel authroization process that in many cases, involves multiple levels of management (manager, sr. manager, director and VP) in different cities and time zones.  Each level of management has a dollar amount that they are authorized to approve. 

After self learning InfoPath and all things considered at the time, I determined it would be best to forward the active form via email to the different layers of management.  Each level approves via a drop down menu , add comments if needed and forwards to the next level if needed.  When the travel authorization form gets to the contact who has the authority to approve, the submit button comes in.  When the final approval happens, the traveler receives an automatic email stating the travel is approved and the form is stored permanently on a SharePoint site.  I hope this makes sense on your end.

But I acknowledge from a workflow design point of view, this may not have been the best solution.  It was my best first shot at finding a solution and learning InfoPath. 

thanks,

Chuck Chidester

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.