Can I add a log to the form? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Can I add a log to the form?

Last post 03-14-2007 03:21 PM by Clay Fox. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-12-2007 12:50 PM

• alea
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-09-2007
    • Posts 9

Can I add a log to the form?

I am working on a performance review form and I would like to add a log to the form. it may work just as a word document but it could be all in the same form (so they don't have to retype each result/goal). When I submit the form, the log would not be submitted. Is that possible?

• 03-12-2007 06:57 PM In reply to

Re: Can I add a log to the form?

Hi Alea,
    What is in your log? If you add it as a secondary data source (for example an XML file) it won't get sent as part of the submit.
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 03-13-2007 07:40 AM In reply to

• alea
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-09-2007
    • Posts 9

Hi, Patrick,

what is in my log is everything on the performance review form except rating, comments and employee information. but we will add the following questions to each section and each goal.

for example:
    Section I: Core Competencise
    Customer Focus (this is a goal)
    Q1&Q2 Type in examples of performance regarding this for Jan - June.
    Q3&Q4 Type in examples of Performance regarding this for July - December.
    Collaboration
    Leadship

Thanks!
    ALea
  • 03-13-2007 11:48 PM In reply to

Hi again ALea,
    I'm a bit confused. Are you saying you want to show previous feedback into the form (as a log) but only store the latest info in the form? That's easy to do. Just load data from the previous forms into the existing form during load and display it as a read-only secondary data source. You may also add a button to "copy forward" or something like that to speed up reuse.
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 03-14-2007 03:21 PM In reply to

I worked on something similar. I would recommend a database to capture the information but this could be done completely in InfoPath. My understanding is you would have a formal scored/signed/summary page but then you want a detail view with notes, comments, etc.
    I would use a form with multuiple views, capture the details in one view for the supervisor, and then have another summary view that totals scores or summarizes the review or multiple reviews.
    I created one that would allow supervisors or employees to add rich text fields with date stamps ad hoc, whenever a good or bad performance event occured, and then these were captured in one location and could be reviewed at the actual review session.

Lots of options you just ned to figure out exactly what you want and the best way to accomplish it.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.