Change of View based upon combo box selection - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Change of View based upon combo box selection

Last post 05-25-2009 01:07 AM by Samir Farid. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2009 12:20 AM

• cscottm
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-01-2009
    • Wa State
    • Posts 2

Change of View based upon combo box selection

Hello Everyone,

I am new to designing in Infopath, so I am not exactly sure what this feature would be called or how to produce a form that does the following.

If someone lets say selects Option 1 (on a combo box), one part of the form will show text boxes, etc based upon the combo box selection.

However if someone selects Option 2 (on the same combo box),  totally different text boxes shows up in the same area.

So another words,  Selection 1 shows shows View 1, & Selection 2 shows View 2, but all in the same area.

How would I accomplish this?  Is there a sample form that does something like this, I could look at ?

Thanks

Chris
  • 05-01-2009 12:27 AM In reply to

Re: Change of View based upon combo box selection

Hi CScottM and a hearty welcome!

Create one big section in your form underneath the optional combo box.

In this big section, add two sections - one will contain the special stuff for option 1 and the other for option 2. Double click on the section and choose the Display tab. Click Conditional Formatting. Add a condition that says Combo Box field (whatever this is in your data source) not equal to Option 1 and then check Hide this control. Do the same thing for the other section but use Option 2 for that. Preview your form.

Have fun!

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 05-01-2009 08:55 PM In reply to

• cscottm
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-01-2009
    • Wa State
    • Posts 2

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the response.  What you said worked like a charm, except how would I get the 2nd section (lower) to show in the same spot as the first section (so regardless of choice, the selected section would always be in the same area.

Thanks

Chris
  • 05-25-2009 01:07 AM In reply to

Hi Chris,

cscottm:

how would I get the 2nd section (lower) to show in the same spot as the first section (so regardless of choice, the selected section would always be in the same area.

If you just put the 2 sections underneath each other  without using tables, then the sections will overlap each other.

I have attached an InfoPath form with an example. Hope it helps.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.