Convert Secondary to Primary Data Source - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Convert Secondary to Primary Data Source

Last post 03-31-2009 02:32 PM by blackhawk. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-30-2009 06:29 PM

Convert Secondary to Primary Data Source

Ok, I screwed up.  

I went and built an InfoPath form using a number of web services and it has a tremendous amount of formatting and rules and views.   I forgot that I was going to require a repeating table with "insert item" until I nearly finished it when it dawned on me.   In other words, I created the entire form using secondary data sources instead of realizing that one of them should have been a primary data source.

Does anyone know how to convert a secondary data source to become a primary without having to re-create the entire form again?

(I know I can copy between data sources in code, but that would also be a pain, and I am trying to be lazy here)

Suggestions????

• 03-31-2009 09:19 AM In reply to

Re: Convert Secondary to Primary Data Source

Well, under the Tools menu, you can choose to Convert Main Data Source. However, that may not do what you want... save a copy of your form before you try...

Hilary Stoupa

• 03-31-2009 09:36 AM In reply to

• Shiva
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2005
    • India
    • Posts 694

Hello,

If you try to follow Hilary mentioned above you will get same option where you are trying to create new form. In above case you have to give xml path which connection you want and as main data connection. After doing this you have to remove existing secondary connection from your form.

• 03-31-2009 09:40 AM In reply to

Thanks for the suggestion.   Unfortunately since it was created as a blank form, the convert main data source does not give me the option to select a web service.   That said, however, if I can trick the form into thinking that it was originally created with a web service, then perhaps I can use the convert main data source.   So far no success, but working on it.

• 03-31-2009 02:32 PM In reply to

Well, I found that by adding a query tag in the manifest.xsf it will make it think that there is a primary data source.    However, once you use the convert tool it changes the namespace and all the objects get unbound.   Effectivley requiring me to re-build the form again.

I am working on trying to update the namespaces on all the objects and see if that works, but so far it is a mess.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.