InfoPath Contact Selector Poor Validation Performance - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath Contact Selector Poor Validation Performance

Last post 06-22-2009 10:15 AM by warrtalon. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-12-2009 10:11 AM

InfoPath Contact Selector Poor Validation Performance

On an infopath 2007 browser form I have 5 contact selectors.  When a user types in a persons name into the contact selector field the contact selector control automatically tries to validate the contents against Active Directory/SharePoint.  It seems to make 3 postbacks/refreshes of the control for each name typed in.  5 x 3 = 15 postbacks.  On remote sites this is killing performance for the whole form and users are complaining.

How do I make it validate against active directory only when the form is submitted?

Thanks,
    Joe

• 04-08-2009 09:29 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath Contact Selector Poor Validation Performance

I have the same issue. Were you able to resolve this? How? Thanks.

• 04-08-2009 10:43 AM In reply to

Hello.

I was and still am having the same issue.  It does 3 postbacks each time a value is entered into each contact selector.  I don't think there is a real solution to this problem.  It's just the usual Microsoft software problem where they have partially implemented something.  The rest is up to us. :/

My workaround was to set the username into some of my many contact selectors.  This means that the user did not have to fill out every one of them which avoided some of the postbacks.  I used the following method to set the @username into my contact selectors:

http://migratenotes.wordpress.com/2008/11/21/infopath-equivalanet-to-username/

Also for all your other controls on your form (the non-contact selector controls) set the post back in the browser forms tab on the properties of the control to 'Never'.  Unfortunately you cannot do this on the contact selector but it cuts out other postbacks from other controls that you do not need.

Hope you have some luck with this workaround.

• 06-22-2009 09:58 AM In reply to

Forgive my ignorance.... but am not sure on this. can you plz clear... thx in advance.

is it possible to have nultiple contact selectors on a single IP form??? if yes, doea all the controls point to the same data source???

• 06-22-2009 10:15 AM In reply to

mohamedezaz:

is it possible to have nultiple contact selectors on a single IP form??? if yes, doea all the controls point to the same data source???

Yes, you can.  This thread talks about having 5 on one form.  Yes, they all point to Active Directory.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.