Contact Selector - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Contact Selector

Last post 03-04-2009 03:46 AM by doit007. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-17-2009 09:13 PM

Contact Selector

Ok - Really dumb question here, but I can't seem to figure it out. I have several contact selector's on a form. The form has a submit button that submits the form to email not as an attachment. The contact selectors always show up black, and I am unable to read the what the user entered into the form. I try to change the background color, and it appears as though it works, but then it reverts back to black as soon as I go back to the properties to see if my change persisted. Whaaa?
  • 02-17-2009 11:15 PM In reply to

Hi Phil,

Can you upload a couple images and reply with links to them?

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 02-18-2009 03:41 PM In reply to

Here is a screen shot of what my email looks like after it is submitted: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/z8Ljf9v_auhMjmlamQCQXQ?feat=directlink
  • 02-19-2009 01:30 AM In reply to

Hello Phil

Contact Selector is Active X control, to display the active X controls in InfoPath Email Forms - your form must be fully trusted.  

• 02-19-2009 08:43 PM In reply to

Ok, that makes sense.  So I followed the instructions at:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb251021.aspx.  Specifically the section for: Deploying a Fully Trusted, Digitally Signed Form to a SharePoint Document Library.  I followed the following but I still just see black boxes ...

You can make a form fully trusted by specifying full trust for the form and signing it digitally. For more information on digital signature and signed form templates, see "Introduction to Digital Signatures" in the InfoPath Help and Deploying Signed Form Templates.

1. In design mode, on the Tools menu, click Form Options.
    2. In the Form Options dialog box, click the Security and Trust category.
    3. Clear the selection for Automatically determine security level based on form's design (recommended), if it is selected.
    4. Select Full Trust (the form has access to files and settings on the user's computer).
    5. Under Form Signing, select Sign this form.
    6. Click Create Certificate to create a new digital certificate.
    7. Alternatively, click Select Certificate to select an existing certificate. In the Select Certificate dialog box, click the certificate that you want to digitally sign the form with.
    8. Click OK.

Step 2: Publish the Form Template to a SharePoint Document Library and Set it as the Default Form

Follow these steps to publish the form template to the SharePoint document library and to set its XML template file as the SharePoint document library's default form.

1. On the File menu, click Publish.
    2. Follow the instructions in the Publishing Wizard to publish the form template to the SharePoint document library. For more information, see "Publish a form template to a SharePoint document library" in the InfoPath Help.
  • 02-23-2009 08:10 AM In reply to

If still facing the same issue, check out the GPO Setting -- Allow the use of ActiveX  Custom Controls in InfoPath forms

• 02-26-2009 08:16 AM In reply to

If that was the case, would the contact selector not even show up in the infopath form itself?  It show ok in the form, it is just the email that are black.  I will still look into this though.
  • 02-28-2009 12:52 PM In reply to

While I am still looking into resolving this, I am thinking that this may not work out for me.  Are there any other solution alternatives that do not involve using an Active X control, and still getting the similar functionality?  Or maybe could I use the same controls, but disable or not show them after submittal some how, and just show a text box with the same value?

• 02-28-2009 02:01 PM In reply to

Hi Phil,

Have you looked at Qdabra's Active Directory Web Service? http://www.qdabra.com/en/products/ADWebService.aspx 

It comes pre-bundled in the free trial of the Database Accelerator: http://www.infopathdev.com/files/folders/core_documents/entry38256.aspx .

You could install that and try it for free. We have numerous videos etc.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 02-28-2009 02:31 PM In reply to

Thanks for the info, but times are tough, I need to find an "out of the box" solution.  And to clarify something from above, the form is fully trusted already.
  • 03-04-2009 01:20 AM In reply to

• 03-04-2009 03:46 AM In reply to

check this as well

For security reasons, Active content (i.e. ActiveX controls, and the Contact Selector is an ActiveX control) is blocked in the Outlook Preview Pane.

I got this from http://blogs.msdn.com/infopath/archive/2007/02/28/using-the-contact-selector-control.aspx 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.