Code in browser enabled forms - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Code in browser enabled forms

Last post 01-28-2009 01:40 AM by bogdantc. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2009 09:44 PM

Code in browser enabled forms

Hi! Whether coding work in Browser enabled content types??? Help pls
  • 01-27-2009 12:30 AM In reply to

• bogdantc
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2008
    • Bucharest
    • Posts 25

Re: Code in browser enabled forms

Honestly I did not understand your question at all ... could you ask it again and more clearly?

If you are asking if different content types can have different code then the answer is yes. I've done several times such things and they have pretty much the same flow as single forms.

Able was I ere I saw Elba
  • 01-27-2009 03:09 AM In reply to

hi I am using infopath content type in sharepoint. It is a browser enabled form. I wrote a code for a Button. but now i cant able to publish the infopath to sharepoint as a site content type. So my doubt is why i cant able to publish the infopath form to sharepoint after writing codes and how can i overcome this problem.
  • 01-27-2009 05:23 AM In reply to

• bogdantc
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2008
    • Bucharest
    • Posts 25

I think you should check the compatibility. I am designing InfoPath forms in InfoPath 2007 but I publish them to a 2003 compatible environment so I always look at compatibility.

• 01-27-2009 08:15 PM In reply to

ya its a good idea but unfortunately it doesn't work for me. It produces an error saying that "code language and/or OM version is not supported". Can you suggest some more ideas pls. Thankx in advance.
  • 01-27-2009 11:11 PM In reply to

• bogdantc
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2008
    • Bucharest
    • Posts 25

Save your old code in a txt file. After that go to Form Options, select Programming, choose to Remove Code. Then select C# (InfoPath 2003 Compatible) and paste into the new generated code the functions you saved into the txt file. Be careful with 2 things:

1) do this if you are absolutely sure you have a MOSS 2003 environment where you are publishing your form!

2) a part of your code is possible not to work anymore due to InfoPath 2003 lack of functions.

• 01-27-2009 11:46 PM In reply to

I did as you have guided but in that form options, Programming section I can only see two language namely C# and Visual Basic.
  • 01-28-2009 12:38 AM In reply to

• bogdantc
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2008
    • Bucharest
    • Posts 25

hmmm ... what are you using to develop InfoPath forms ? ... my previous print screen was from Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 ... the picture bellow is from VS .NET 2005 with the Office extensions for InfoPath ... I have both VSTO and VSTA installed on my computer ... I am still able to see 2 versions of C# programming language

• 01-28-2009 01:10 AM In reply to

I am using Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007and also I have VSTA installed in my computer but I can see only C# and Visual Basic options.
  • 01-28-2009 01:40 AM In reply to

• bogdantc
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2008
    • Bucharest
    • Posts 25

I think I know why. You said your form is browser enabled so it can not accept scripts or 2003 compatibility. You must look if the MOSS on the server accepts 2003 or 2007 infopath forms and if 2007 is default you should insist with UI.Alerts until you figure out where the errors is. If your server accepts only 2003 forms then you have to redesign your document.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.