New to Forum. Frustrated with lack of filter on Data Tab for secondary data - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

New to Forum. Frustrated with lack of filter on Data Tab for secondary data

Last post 01-03-2009 03:09 AM by Shiva. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2009 05:36 AM

New to Forum. Frustrated with lack of filter on Data Tab for secondary data

See a screen dump of my Infopath 2007 File that is working well except it returns all records from the line(s) (below thje blue line) that is a repeating table from a Secondary Data File.

All I want to do is filter the data shown in the Repeating Table to only show records that match the concat Full name which is stored in both files (Main and secondary) which is LastName&" "&FirstName&" "&MiddleName.  As long as I only have one client in the main and secondary Doc Libraries, everything is great.  When I add another Client with Products which are stored in the secondary file, I see all Products.   

I am using Infopath 2007 and storing data in WSS 3.0.

First Middle Last 

Suffix 

Client :
      Type                Description                                           Mfg                    ItemNumber        Price       Qtn
    Data Entry is done on this line
    ITEM 1
     1 Description
    1 Mfg
    1 ItemNumber
    1 Price
    Qtn

ITEM 2

ITEM 3

The Blue line is where Data Enty is done with the last field (QTN) with a rule with 3 actions

1) Store data to Main

2) Store data is Secondary

3) Query data from Secondary

This rule works well but all Records from the secondary are displayed.

The line under the blue line is the first line of a Repeating Table.  It grows to show all records in the Secondary. 

Thanks for any help.

Dave Beatty

Filed under:
  • 01-02-2009 06:35 AM In reply to

Re: New to Forum. Frustrated with lack of filter on Data Tab for secondary data

Hi and welcome to Forums,

What is the query that you are using to get the secondary data? Can you give more details?

Swathip
    www.ggktech.com
  • 01-02-2009 10:33 AM In reply to

Re: New to Forum. Frustrated with lack of filter on Data Tab for secondary data

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I am new to infopath 2007.  I have built this infopath form template without any custom code but I expect that this function may need some code.

I am using an action under a rule of a property of the QTN field that runs when data is is entered.

Query

I really apprecaite any help or advise that you might have.

Dave Beatty

Seattle, Washington 

• 01-02-2009 02:36 PM In reply to

Solution Found ... New to Forum. Frustrated with lack of filter on Data Tab for secondary data

The trrick to hide Secondary records that don't match the same client is to use Conditional Formatting on each field displayed in the Repeating Table.  There is a check box option "Hide this control" which when checked will hide the entire record if all fields are set with the condition of

Field in Main is not equal to field in secondary.

Dave Beatty 

• 01-02-2009 07:31 PM In reply to

• Shiva
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2005
    • India
    • Posts 694

Re: Solution Found ... New to Forum. Frustrated with lack of filter on Data Tab for secondary data

Hello,

Thanks and update your soltion here. Adding the conditional formatting using secondary field is some times it will not work when secondary field data is not update correctly.

You have to add one more section to hide the repeating table. In this new section you have repeating section or table and add the condtional formatting to this section.

• 01-02-2009 09:10 PM In reply to

Re: Solution Found ... New to Forum. Frustrated with lack of filter on Data Tab for secondary data

So far, this approach is working well.

Thanks for the help.

Dave Beatty

• 01-03-2009 03:09 AM In reply to

• Shiva
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-15-2005
    • India
    • Posts 694

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know. Glad to be of help :)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.