getting Correlation ID in error messages after adding Rules and Condition for Checkboxes - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

getting Correlation ID in error messages after adding Rules and Condition for Checkboxes

Last post 08-19-2022 04:02 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-15-2022 01:40 PM

getting Correlation ID in error messages after adding Rules and Condition for Checkboxes

Hi All, I am getting Correlation ID in error messages after adding Rules and Condition for Checkboxes. The rules work. It allowed the form to be published to SharePoint but when I hit the submit button, I get the error telling to talk to the Administrator for the Correlation ID in error. Can anyone can help?
  • 08-16-2022 09:00 AM In reply to

Re: getting Correlation ID in error messages after adding Rules and Condition for Checkboxes

Hi - when you post new threads, do you mind posting to this forum: https://www.infopathdev.com/forums/41.aspx - I keep having to move your posts out of the feedback forum :) As to your question - are you using on-prem or online SharePoint? If on-prem you could get the correlation ID and approximate time to your SharePoint Admin so that she can find the root cause of the issue.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-16-2022 10:28 AM In reply to

Re: getting Correlation ID in error messages after adding Rules and Condition for Checkboxes

Thanks. It is not on-prem. My Conditions looks like this. field1 = TRUE or field2 = TRUE or field3 = TRUE or (my:field8 = string(true0) or field10 = TRUE or field11 = TRUE or my:field20 = string(true0)) Should write the condition differently?
  • 08-16-2022 01:17 PM In reply to

If you are going to use string(true) you don't want a zero in there. Happy to look at your form if you want to attach it to a reply under the Options tab.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-16-2022 01:51 PM In reply to

Hilary, I have uploaded a picture so you can see the conditions and rules for Infopath form.
  • 08-16-2022 05:00 PM In reply to

Again, I think I'd need to check the actual form. But if you suspect that this is the issue, save a copy of the form and remove your rules and see if your form works (i.e. no correlation ID). That will at least help you determine if the issue is with your rules.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-19-2022 09:12 AM In reply to

I did and the form worked with out the conditions I believe that it maybe the submit button.
  • 08-19-2022 09:16 AM In reply to

Great - so add your conditions back gradually and test publish in between so you can figure out where the error is :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-19-2022 09:16 AM In reply to

Here is the form. I think it maybe the Submit button.
  • 08-19-2022 09:33 AM In reply to

I'm sorry, I didn't read your initial post closely enough. The formatting rules on your submit button look fine. I do see that you are submitting to a library with a field, FormName, providing the name for the submitted file. But I don't see any rules or logic setting that field? Can you verify you set a name in the FormName field prior to submitting?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-19-2022 09:44 AM In reply to

Ok
  • 08-19-2022 11:50 AM In reply to

I see it in the fields but I don't see it within the form can I just delete it?
  • 08-19-2022 12:15 PM In reply to

Your submit connection is using that for the form name. The form won't submit without a name. I'd add submit rules and just set that name if it is blank. See attached. Right click the attached file and save locally. Right click the saved file and select design. In the ribbon, select the data tab and Form Submit to see the new rule I added to set the Form Name if blank.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-19-2022 12:37 PM In reply to

I am going to try it. Fingers crossed.
  • 08-19-2022 01:59 PM In reply to

wasn't able to get the FormName in the second box it wouldn't let me select it. What am I doing wrong?
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.