Filter field not returning expected value from SharePoint List - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Filter field not returning expected value from SharePoint List

Last post 05-07-2019 08:14 AM by jenielle. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2019 07:56 AM In reply to

Re: Filter field not returning expected value from SharePoint List

Thanks again, Hilary! You know what is just so puzzling here is, this field worked properly once upon a time, filtering and displaying the proper values. I'm confused as to what happened and caused it to stop working. There are other fields in the form which are similarly configured and they work without the secondary condition. I'm telling you, this stuff really hurts my brain sometimes! LOL
  • 05-07-2019 08:06 AM In reply to

So - is it possible that previously there weren't any GLs that belonged to both companies? Because here is what is happening - you have GL 123 and for CompanyA the description is "One Thing" and for CompanyB the description is "Another". When you pick GL 123, the formula that only filters on the GL is going to return the first description it finds that matches. Depending on the sort order of your list items, it will ALWAYS choose "One Thing", for example, and NEVER choose "Another". When we add the filter for Company, now we are telling InfoPath "Please go fetch me the data from the row where the GL is 123 and the Company is the company I selected" instead of "Get me the first row that has a GL of 123". Does that make sense?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-07-2019 08:14 AM In reply to

Well, that may very well be possible....the business just told me this morning that they went into the SharePoint list and "updated" the APOLLO company entries. Your explanation makes perfect sense. Thank you for that. I will have to have a talk with this team about change control...this solution was scheduled to go LIVE yesterday and this change they made essentially was a show stopper. Thank you again so much for helping to repair this and get us going again. I am glad we can release this today! Couldn't have done this without you.

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.