All Documents View missing columns - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

All Documents View missing columns

Last post 04-26-2019 07:43 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-24-2019 10:47 AM

All Documents View missing columns

Heyo, got something here I've never seen before. Created a form some time ago and all was well. Co-worker asked about something, so I went to the SP Library page and looked at the submissions. All looked good. All columns were there. Submitted a test form to see what would happen, and when it brought me back to the library page, more than half the columns are missing! I go into Library Settings and checked the All Documents view, everything is there, checked, and in the right numerical order. Still no dice. If I go and click on Data Sheet View, all is there. What gives? I even re-published the form to the server and added in some columns to see if that'd change things. Nope.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Again, I've never seen anything like this happen. Thanks! 

• 04-24-2019 10:56 AM In reply to

Re: All Documents View missing columns

I don't quite understand the description of the issue - are the actual columns not being displayed? Or the columns are displayed and have no data? Is this on prem or Office 365 SharePoint?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-24-2019 11:45 AM In reply to

Apologies. Yes, the actual columns are missing from the Standard View, where they were earlier today. I made no changes other than to submit a form to check out the info that would display in the columns. If I click on Datasheet View, all columns are there along with the corresponding data for each form entry. Clicking back on Standard View has the columns missing. If I go into Library Settings and click on "All Documents" View, all columns are there, checked, and in the correct number order - they just don't all show.

• 04-24-2019 11:56 AM In reply to

That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard of. I guess I would start by creating a new view with all the columns you wish to have displayed and see if they display as desired. If so - easiest thing might be to set that as the default view.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-24-2019 12:15 PM In reply to

I know, right? I figured the same, but wanted to check in just in case there might be something I missed. We're getting ready to upgrade from 2010 to 2019 and for the last ~2 or so weeks the server farm has just been acting all kinds of wonky. Thanks again as always. :)

• 04-24-2019 12:29 PM In reply to

I'm dying to know about the upgrade - you have a test farm set up? Are your forms all working well?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-24-2019 12:40 PM In reply to

At this point, you know as much as I do. I'm the division SP site admin, I have no access to the farm, etc.

About 2 weeks ago we had our entire farm go down. Was very intermittent for the day, and then REALLY slow for the next two days after that. Ever since then, our already wonky division forms have been going crazy.

Time off requests where a supervisor will approve it, it's written to the correct calendar, but then go into List View, and they have no status (under the task/workflow approval column). Then the thing with this one form today - absolutely batty.

Oh, also, created two separate new views. No dice, they still don't work properly. I re-published the form to a new Library and it works fine. I want to re-publish it to the original Library, but I don't want to risk overwriting the entries that are already there. There's no way to export/import Form Library submissions, are there?

But I digress. No matter what happens, I want to thank you, Hilary. You've been awesome, and I likely would have run out the door screaming if not for your help over the last ~3+ months.

• 04-24-2019 12:48 PM In reply to

If it works in a new library - change the submit to submit to the new library, copy all the XML over (use IE and open both Libraries in Explorer view to make this easier). Then in the new library, you can go to the Relink view (it should be in your View menu) and relink all the files. WARNING: This will change Created / Created By and Modified / Modified By and I have in the past worked with people who are VERY CONCERNED about those attributes, so keep that in mind. English Majors Represent - https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/44996/goblin-market has been high on my reading list lately, it is a favorite of mine.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-25-2019 06:39 AM In reply to

Ok, so I created a new Library and copied (send to) the XML files to it. Still no dice. Found out something interesting though. The columns/data aren't missing, I just can't see them at normal zoom (100%) level, and there's no bottom scroll bar in my IE 11.

Also the same in Firefox as well as Chrome. So the data is there and I can export it via Excel if they need it, but the only way to see more of the columns/data is to change the zoom to 50%, and that doesn't do anybody any good.

Ever heard of this? Any thoughts? I'm about to try and create another new view to see what happens. 

• 04-25-2019 07:38 AM In reply to

Do you have the site in compatibility view in IE? No - I've not run into this at all. It doesn't seem like the view is the issue, then - but something is preventing the expected scroll bar from showing. How icky.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-25-2019 12:13 PM In reply to

Annnnnd the hits keep coming. Site is in compatibility view, and the "intranet sites" box is checked. Ran into one of our official IT guys, and he's not sure what it is either. I reset the browser, nothing works.

Top it all off, the form that WAS working now works, but throws an "There was an error while processing this form" when you attempt to look up a previous entry. Design checker throws no errors. I've gone in and fully re-published it at least 3 times in case something was 'stuck.' And because I don't have access to the farm, I can't see what the actual error message is, other than the generic one SP throws at me.

I've attached the form if you have time/want to look at it. Just so frustrating, I had this thing working PERFECTLY since 1/15. I'm seriously about to request we don't do any more work in SP until we upgrade the system, it's just too ^&&#$## at this point. Assuming I still have a job next week, that is. 

• 04-25-2019 12:44 PM In reply to

Yah, I'll take a look later today - I can't imagine the form is causing the issues with the view - I'd assume you'd have a similar issue with any list / library where there are more columns displayed than you can see w/out scrolling? I wasn't clear from your earlier post if the issue is reproducing in a new library?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-25-2019 12:51 PM In reply to

Apologies for not saying so, there's another form I created at the same time as this one. It still works perfectly, and has the scrollbar working. I guess worst case scenario is I can make a copy of that form and just go in and change the fields then copy over the XML files from the other one to the working one. Sheesh, that's far too much work for a phantom problem. :D

• 04-25-2019 02:06 PM In reply to

So - when you republished the template to a new library, the same issue with scrolling occurred? If you take a copy of the form that is in a working library, and publish it to a new library (as a test) does scrolling work? I'm trying to understand if the issue is: Scrolling is broken in any library newly created / updated or specific to this template. EDITED TO ADD: - what does look up a previous entry mean for your form? Clicking on "Click to Search"? Cause that is just running a query - any chance your list you are querying is really big? If so, you could use query fields instead of filtering the returned data....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-25-2019 02:52 PM In reply to

Specific to this template. I can re-publish it as it is, or publish it to a new library using the same template, and the scroll bar is absent. Any other form template works as it should. I've started re-purposing the other template to be used for this library as I think it might be my only option at this point. The search is to bring up previous records - so you don't have to retype the standard info (name, contact info, zip code, county). The library has maybe 20-30 entries in it, but each one has like 50 columns. Is that considered really big? It's just so frustrating since it worked for months with no issue until the other day.

I'm putting in a 12 hour day today to see if I can get that other form repurposed and get the XML files copied over once that's done. I'm salaried. But yeah, they should definitely give me my walking papers next week. ROTFLMAO.

Thanks again for everything, you really are the best. :) 

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.