Calculating a Total sum of repeating table where repeating table row does not show row total - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Calculating a Total sum of repeating table where repeating table row does not show row total

Last post 07-12-2016 04:44 AM by K5Optima. 36 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-15-2016 05:16 AM In reply to

Re: Calculating a Total sum of repeating table where repeating table row does not show row total

If you click on each date picker and click at the top in the menu bar manage rules you will see how rules are made. I am attaching your form showing you how to hide sections so everything doesn't have to appear all at once or only appear when needed. If you look at the 3 sections for Authorized Driver Information, Company Vehicle, and Position/Rate Change. I placed your tables into individual sections and placed a rule on each section to hide it based off of your check box for each one. When it's checked the section appears, when it's not it will be hidden. Please have a look at those rules and how I created it so you can use that through out your form. You could organize each one of those choices in to its own table and when one is chosen the section will appear below. Or you don't have to do any of this. :)
  • 06-15-2016 06:16 AM In reply to

Re: Calculating a Total sum of repeating table where repeating table row does not show row total

Again, I thank you for your assistance!  This is exactly what I was looking to do.  I did have sections but was wondering if I could make a section appear when a check box is clicked.  Thank you for your patience with me and I hope that my next question will be answered by you, you have been extremely helpful! 

• 06-15-2016 06:22 AM In reply to

You're very welcome. Glad I could help.
  • 06-17-2016 08:52 AM In reply to

Good Day K5Optima! 

When you created the Optional Section for the check boxes, did you create new fields to mimic mine then delete mine or somehow move them into the optional section.  I right clicked on the Authorized Driver Information Check Box and changed the control to an optional section and a new optional section appear and it was empty...I could not move the fields needed from the Fields pane...tried to figure it out but cannot...

• 06-20-2016 06:58 AM In reply to

I didn't create optional sections they are just regular sections that I labeled based off of the contents. I didn't create new fields I just cut and pasted your contents(tables) inside the section.
  • 06-23-2016 06:56 AM In reply to

Ok, so I have successfully created sections that hide, however, if you can open my previous form, I have been trying to eliminate the very large section "NewReUpdtRetrnTransf" but keep the Group intact.  I believe it is creating a huge gap of white space from the last section  where it describes the Company Vehicle.  I made all individual sections in this very large section thinking I could then delete the very large section, however, it deletes everything in the section....of course when I made the new sections I have to rebind the controls for each section.  How can I get these sections out of the very large sections without having to redo them all by copy and pasting....I'm almost there....I would attach the form, but I am unable to get into the server where my updated form is.  If you open one of the attachments, you will see the section, but not the new sections I created.

Thanks again for your assistance! 

• 06-23-2016 08:16 AM In reply to

If you right click in that empty space and go to table properties. Make sure Row Height is set to "Automatically set row height".
  • 06-30-2016 07:30 AM In reply to

Good DayK5Optima!

I have been moving along and made errors and corrected errors and now my form is coming along nicely.  With all the changes I made, I lost the Date Difference Rule and attempted to copy and past it from your example you sent me, but the whole code does not appear and it will not let me copy it.  I found the code on Google and attempted to copy and past it after adjusting it to look like yours, but I am not allowed to past it in the function.  What am I missing here?  I can't believe I will have to type this whole code in there...HELP PLEASE? 

• 06-30-2016 07:34 AM In reply to

If you go to the rule then action and click the fx button next to value you can paste the code. You need to make sure when you paste the code the field names match the fields in your form. If you haven't changed the names that I did you should be fine.
  • 06-30-2016 07:44 AM In reply to

This is what I have been attempting to do, however, when I right click, no window appears for me to Paste...nothing appears...I have the code in a Word Document and copied it, saw it in the Clipboard....??? 

• 06-30-2016 09:15 AM In reply to

Do control V to paste.
  • 06-30-2016 10:26 AM In reply to

thank you for that keyboard shortcut...I should use them more often...I used the copy shortcut and was able to copy your code which worked well.  However...I am doing something wrong in the "difference" block as it remains at "0" when I put in dates. 

• 06-30-2016 10:50 AM In reply to

Here is where I grabbed the code and setup the rules. http://www.bizsupportonline.net/infopath2007/calculate-date-difference-infopath-rules-formulas.htm
  • 07-01-2016 06:39 AM In reply to

Good Day K5Optima!

In reviewing the code from the link you sent me, you do not show this rule in your "difference" field: 

Add the following Rule to the difference field:
    Action: Set a field's value
    Field: .
    Value: 0

with the following Condition on the Rule:
    difference does not match pattern Custom Pattern: -{0,1}\d+  

When I attempted to fill the Field in with "." it will not type or paste....you must pick a field....how do I get the "." to go into the field.

When actually filling in the dates on your example that you sent, I filled in from Aug. 1st to Aug. 5th and it calculated 4 days, but it should be 5.   Any reason you left the "difference" field Rule out? 

• 07-01-2016 06:54 AM In reply to

The "." means you are picking the same field you are putting the rule on. When you pick a field you pick difference.
Page 2 of 3 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.