Codeless submitting InfoPath repeating table to a SharePoint list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Codeless submitting InfoPath repeating table to a SharePoint list

Last post 07-16-2017 05:36 PM by Ligia1982. 103 replies.
Page 2 of 7 (104 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2013 04:31 PM In reply to

• RaYvA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2013
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 86

Re: Codeless submitting InfoPath repeating table to a SharePoint list

There is nothing in the form that is preventing the submission of duplicates, is it possible that you have the list set up to overwrite existing items?

Also, no this form does not return the row number, although I believe I have a way of doing that. I'll attempt it and post an update if you require?

• 10-01-2013 09:40 PM In reply to

• RaYvA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2013
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 86

ARGH! I just edited the last post and included a form that gets the ID of the item posted with a nicely worded verbose explanation of the three additional rules that perform this.  The form has been attached so you can have a play with it, hopefully I will get around to re writing how it works sometime shortly especially if someone wants to understand how it works.

• 10-22-2013 10:15 AM In reply to

I have managed with some success to create a repeating table in InfoPath2010 and have the entered values posted to a SharePoint List, to achieve this I have followed the above examples, however for some reason on the first 6 rows of the entered data is being submitted to SharePoint.

Attached are screen shots of the published form with entered values before the submit button is used and further screen shot post submission and as can be seen the submitTrigger field is stopping at 6 whilst there are 53 rows to complete.

Also attached are screen shots of the SubmitLine rule and the IncrementSubmitTrigger rule

This form is designed to collect data from store managers for next years budget (next years budget is 53weeks) and believed using a repeating table was the best way to achieve the requirement but has failed the appreciate the issues regarding submitting repeating data to SharePoint.

Any assistance will be much appreciated as if cannot get to work soonest will need to defer to excel!

• 10-28-2013 12:43 PM In reply to

Hi RaYvA - Thanks for taking the time to write this all up and sharing. It's exactly the solution that I'm looking for! I've downloaded your example form and have gotten that to work just fine. I'm now onto customizing what you've already done so that it matches my needs.

I'm running into problems updating the actions in the SubmitLine rule. I've added the field in the CAML and have also added a field to the repeating table, but I can't seem to create an Action similar to what's in the example form. In the Rule Details box, how do you update the Field box to say Field[@Name="Title"]

I think if I understood this step, I could customize the form for my own use.

I can't figure out how to delete this post, so am editing it with an update. I went back and read the initial post which links to an article by Hilary Stoupa which appears to answer my question.

Cheers,

K

• 10-28-2013 12:43 PM In reply to

Hi RaYvA - Thanks for taking the time to write this all up and sharing. It's exactly the solution that I'm looking for! I've downloaded your example form and have gotten that to work just fine. I'm now onto customizing what you've already done so that it matches my needs.

I'm running into problems updating the actions in the SubmitLine rule. I've added the field in the CAML and have also added a field to the repeating table, but I can't seem to create an Action similar to what's in the example form. In the Rule Details box, how do you update the Field box to say Field[@Name="Title"]

I think if I understood this step, I could customize the form for my own use.

Thanks in advance,

K

• 10-29-2013 07:47 AM In reply to

Hi Amieqq, I too am a no-code solution guy using InfoPath and SharePoint designer. This article you wrote is very inspiring especially since I am working on something very similar to what you just did except that it is the opposite. I am attempting to do a search on a BCS connection using an InfoPath form. Go any ideas for the refresh button for my need?
  • 10-31-2013 06:26 AM In reply to

Hello amieqq and RaYvA I tried to download the file but I am receiving the following message: "This form cannot be opened because it requires the domain permission level and it currently has restricted permission. To fix this problem, open the form from the location it was published to. Published location file: file:///\\australianunity.net.au\data\HomeDirs\AKemp\playing%20stuff\Repeating%20Table%20Data%Submit\Repeating%20Table%20Data%20Submit%20-%20With%20Submitted%20Record%20ID.xsn Do you have any idea of how can I get this sample file to work? Anyway, I will try to create my own form even if I don`t know anything about CAML, triggers, and advanced edition in code. Best regards!
  • 10-31-2013 06:45 AM In reply to

Save the linked file locally (right click link, select save as). Navigate to the locally saved file. Right click the file and select Design - then you can open the form in design mode.

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-31-2013 11:53 AM In reply to

Hello Hilary, Thank you for your help. I would like to ask everyone if they know some easier way to save to a sharepoint list repeating and non-repeating information.
  • 11-01-2013 07:15 AM In reply to

I have attached a further screen shot of my InfoPath report which shows the problem outlined in my earlier thread, the submit trigger is getting to row 6 and then stopping for no apparent reason, I have compared the rules etc of my report against the template posted recently and cannot see any difference which would create this problem.

The only aspect I can consider is that my report is a fixed number of rows repeating table whereas the example posted does not have a fixed number of rows but why this may cause the issue not sure.

Any assistance or comments appreciated

• 11-05-2013 07:25 PM In reply to

• RaYvA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2013
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 86

Hi Kirk,  It shouldn't matter that you have a fixed number of rows, it should sumbit as many rows as there are to submit.

I have attached an updated form, I think the previous one ran into the 16 rule depth limit because I was silly and used '.+1' instead of 'count(preceding-sibling::group2) + 1' to increment the submit trigger.

Firstly, are you TableLine & SubmitTrigger fields set as 'Whole Number (Integer)' data type? If they are text then you will run into difficulties at some stage in the process.

Secondly, are there any required fields in the table that are not being supplied at the 6th row, or some other validation in the form that could be stopping it from proceeding?

Hope this helps

• 11-05-2013 07:27 PM In reply to

• RaYvA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2013
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 86

Here's a sample screenshot with over a 100 submitted lines!

• 11-05-2013 07:33 PM In reply to

• RaYvA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2013
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 86

daniel.christian:
    Hi Amieqq, I too am a no-code solution guy using InfoPath and SharePoint designer. This article you wrote is very inspiring especially since I am working on something very similar to what you just did except that it is the opposite. I am attempting to do a search on a BCS connection using an InfoPath form. Go any ideas for the refresh button for my need?

Daniel, using a BCS conenction to do a search is a very different task.  I sugegst you search/look for BSC questions in the forums.

• 11-05-2013 07:34 PM In reply to

• RaYvA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2013
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 86

Hilary Stoupa:

Save the linked file locally (right click link, select save as). Navigate to the locally saved file. Right click the file and select Design - then you can open the form in design mode.

Thanks Hilary :)
  • 11-06-2013 02:32 AM In reply to

Hi RaYvA Thankyou for coming back to me, the tableline and submit trigger are both whole number data types but I am not sure how I get the the 'count(preceding-sibling::group2) + 1' into the Rule, I have manually typed it into the Value field on the Rule Detail but don't believe this is correct, do I need to modify the manifest manually to get this formula to work?

Thanks

Kirk

Page 2 of 7 (104 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.