Display filtered information based on selections on 2 drop-down menus - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Display filtered information based on selections on 2 drop-down menus

Last post 04-06-2012 02:11 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-06-2012 12:50 PM In reply to

Re: Display filtered information based on selections on 2 drop-down menus

I believe the first one - just the display. This is so great, I really appreciate it. I'm still unclear on where I go to see the conditions you placed on it?  When I look at the 2nd drop down menu I don't see any additional rules and I don't see any rules on the repeating section.  Where did you go to enter the formula?

• 04-06-2012 12:59 PM In reply to

Select the repeating section on the form - the rules are on it.... Click on Manage Rules from the Home tab of the ribbon. Looks like InfoPath turned my single rule with two conditions into two rules with one condition each - how odd.

Attaching a screenshot.

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-06-2012 01:18 PM In reply to

Okay, I see the rules now. I was clicking on the field itself instead of on "Repeating Tables."

These look like formatting rules though - does the form still use the rule I set up on the 2nd drop-down menu?  I was curious so I disabled that rule, and the information still showed up.

If the form is not using the rule I set up on the 2nd dropdown menu, how is it pulling the data?

• 04-06-2012 02:11 PM In reply to

The repeating section is bound to the secondary data source - the same one that is providing the data for your two drop down lists.

The Fields task pane in SharePoint List forms defaults to a simplified view - if you click the Advance view link at the bottom of the Fields task pane, you can change from the main data source to your secondary data source and drag repeating node onto the form - which is basically what I did.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.