Submit to DBXL - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submit to DBXL

Last post 05-21-2010 08:14 AM by Catharine. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-12-2010 10:22 AM

Submit to DBXL

Does qRules have a facility to submit to DBXL and have the DocID and RefID injected into the form without closing the form.  I have managed to do everything else I require with qrules, but I am not clear whether this is available in qrules.  If not I will have to do in code and delete all the other things I have done with qRules :(.

I need to ensure the form is submitted to dbxl before I can send approval emails.

Thank you

Catharine

Filed under:
  • 05-12-2010 10:50 AM In reply to

Hi, Catharine - yes, the qRules SubmitToDbxl command indeed submits documents to DBXL and returns the DocId and the RefId on submit. Please post back if you have additional questions.

Thanks!

Mel Clemente
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Filed under: ,
  • 05-12-2010 10:57 AM In reply to

To clarify what Mel said, SubmitToDbxl does inject the docId into the form's XML so that subsequent submits will update the form that was initially submitted.

Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
  • 05-12-2010 10:59 AM In reply to

Brilliant - Thank you. Just what I wanted.

A job for tomorrow

Catharine

• 05-19-2010 05:23 AM In reply to

Hi,

I have finally got round to using the SubmitToDbxl qrules - I have used the information located here http://www.infopathdev.com/files/folders/qrules/entry35303.aspx

I have set up my (Receive) DataConnection (called FirstSubmit).

I have got my button with the rule which sets the command field in qrules to be concat("SubmitToDbxl /submit=FirstSubmit /name=", CalculatedDescription, " /author=", DisplayName, " /desc=", RequestSummary) which does not give any errors.

When I click the button I get the following information returned to the secondary data.  Code I0001 Description No DocumentType found for '3706db86489748e0'.

In the instructions I cant find any reference to DocumentType.  I have edited the DataConnection and put my documentType into the appropriate parameter but that did not solve the problem.  Where should I be putting DocumentType ?

Catharine

• 05-19-2010 06:11 AM In reply to

You should use the /doctype= parameter to specify the name of your document type if you or your users will be opening the form template from somewhere other than DBXL.

Qdabra Software
  • 05-19-2010 07:46 AM In reply to

None of the users will be accessing from dbxl. My doctype is called NewSKURequest 

I have changed my  command to

concat("SubmitToDbxl /submit=FirstSubmit /doctype=NewSKURequest /name=", CalculatedDescription, " /author=", DisplayName, " /desc=", RequestSummary)

Is this what you mean?  When I press the submit button I don't get any values returned.

I have also tried adding the doctype to the FirstSubmit data connection and that did not work. 

Catharine

• 05-19-2010 08:01 AM In reply to

Yes, that was what I meant.  What do you mean when you say you don't get any values returned?  Is there no Result or Error value?  I'm assuming that you're assigning the value of that formula to qRules' Command node when the Submit button is clicked, right?

Qdabra Software
  • 05-19-2010 08:34 AM In reply to

The submit button had the set value minus the doctype, and I got the error I showed a couple of posts ago.

I have changed that set value to include the doctype, and now I don't get anything - no error, no docid .... as if nothing has fired. 

I have done some investigation...

concat("SubmitToDbxl /submit=FirstSubmit /name=", CalculatedDescription, " /author=", DisplayName, " /desc=", RequestSummary, " /doctype=NewSKURequest") - no error - no docid

concat("SubmitToDbxl /submit=FirstSubmit /name=", CalculatedDescription, " /author=", DisplayName, " /desc=", RequestSummary, "/doctype=NewSKURequest") - error no doctype

concat("SubmitToDbxl /submit=FirstSubmit /doctype=NewSKURequest /name=", CalculatedDescription, " /author=", DisplayName, " /desc=", RequestSummary) - no error - no docid

it is obvious this is very sensitive as to where spaces are and where the doctype parameter is....

I still cannot get it to submit.

Catharine

• 05-19-2010 09:29 AM In reply to

Hi Catharine,

Can you please post your template? - so that it will be easy to figure out the problem.

Thanks!

Aruna Akella
    Qdabra® Software / InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™
  • 05-20-2010 01:32 AM In reply to

Here is the file

• 05-20-2010 06:52 AM In reply to

Hello Catharine,

From inspecting your form, I have determined that you have a version of qRules in which SubmitToDbxl's /doctype parameter was not available.  I believe a member of our support team has sent you a newer version, that includes this option.

Qdabra Software
  • 05-20-2010 08:26 AM In reply to

Hi, I have double checked the version I have injected is the latest version I have been sent. 

How do I get the newer version ? 

Catharine

• 05-20-2010 08:48 AM In reply to

I believe a member of our team sent you version 2.1 a few hours ago.  Did you not receive it?

Qdabra Software
  • 05-20-2010 09:20 AM In reply to

No I haven't received anything... Hilary has had problems sending me stuff in the past. 

Even the notification that someone has replied to my post on this forum is 'censored'. 

I think Hilary put it on a "secure download" location for me to pickup last time.

Catharine

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.