Qrules - Submit To List - Task List in Sub Site (Not Working) - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Qrules - Submit To List - Task List in Sub Site (Not Working)

Last post 01-17-2013 03:10 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 31 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-26-2010 08:01 AM

• mewilson
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2010
    • Dallas, TX
    • Posts 8

Qrules - Submit To List - Task List in Sub Site (Not Working)

I have a purchase copy of qRules and have setup a form to use the 'SubmitToList' functionality to submit values from a repeated list to a task list in a subsite. It is not working at all, the tasks are never created and of course the id is not coming back. I have injected the form with the qRules, followed the video on how to do this to the tee and nothing works other than the form shows up where its suppose to as it always did. 

Here is a sample of my form with the repeating section being the Action Items where I am trying to take values from:

Meeting Minutes

Employee Information

Employee Name:
    Wilson, Michael

Employee Department:
    105508 - Collaborative Applications

Meeting Information
    Meeting Date:
    April 26, 2010
    Meeting Name:
    Creating Tasks for Meeting Minutes
    Meeting Room Location:
    My Office
    Meeting Attendees:
    Meeting Distribution:

Agenda Information
    Agenda Description

Discussion Information
    Discussion Description

Action Items
    ID
    Action Title
    Action Assigned To
    Action Description
    Action Due Date
    Create Forms Tasks
    Michael Wilson Test Creating Tasks
    4/30/2010
    QA Forms Submit to Tasks
    Michael Wilson QA whether this will work
    4/30/2010
    Insert item

Attached File(s)
    Attachment Fil
    Click here to insert a picture
    Insert item

The mapping file is the following:

<my:myFields xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:my="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/infopath/2003/myXSD/2007-11-27T15:29:00" xmlns:xd="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/infopath/2003" xml:lang="en-us">
      <my:Mappings>
        <my:IsRepeating>false</my:IsRepeating>
        <my:RepeatingGroup>
        </my:RepeatingGroup>
        <my:Mapping>
          <my:FormField>my:myFields/my:ActionItems/my:Actions/my:ActionTitle</my:FormField>
          <my:SharePointColumn>Title</my:SharePointColumn>
        </my:Mapping>
          <my:FormField>my:myFields/my:ActionItems/my:Actions/my:ActionAssignedTo</my:FormField>
          <my:SharePointColumn>AssignedTo</my:SharePointColumn>
          <my:FormField>my:myFields/my:ActionItems/my:Actions/my:ActionDescription</my:FormField>
          <my:SharePointColumn>Body</my:SharePointColumn>
          <my:FormField>my:myFields/my:ActionItems/my:Actions/my:ActionDueDate</my:FormField>
          <my:SharePointColumn>DueDate</my:SharePointColumn>
      </my:Mappings>
      <my:SharePointListURL>http://pioneerzone.us.pioneernrc.pvt/sites/GetTogether/Corporate/IT/CollaborativeApps/</my:SharePointListURL>
      <my:ListCollection>{8423D789-5736-4700-B7C9-FF899E13C1D8}</my:ListCollection>
      <my:FullListURL>http://pioneerzone.us.pioneernrc.pvt/sites/GetTogether/Corporate/IT/CollaborativeApps/Lists/Team Tasks</my:FullListURL>
      <Batch OnError="Continue">
        <Method ID="New" Cmd="New">
          <Field Name="Title">
          </Field>
          <Field Name="AssignedTo">
          </Field>
          <Field Name="Body">
          </Field>
          <Field Name="DueDate">
          </Field>
        </Method>
      </Batch>
    </my:myFields>

The string in the Rule looks like the following:

SubmitToSharePointList/submit=SPListSubmit /mapping=meetingminutesmapping /id=my:id

Please HELP!

Michael

• 04-26-2010 09:40 AM In reply to

Re: Qrules - Submit To List - Task List in Sub Site (Not Working)

Hi, Michael:

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble. Can you post two more screen shots? One of your form's main data source (with the Actions node expanded) and one of your data connections (Tools / Data Connections) so we can see the name of your SharePoint List data connection?

Offhand, I already see one issue, as your mapping is set to not be for a repeating group, while clearly you are mapping a repeating group, but I would think you'd at least get the first item submitted.

Oh, and can you drag the Error node from the QdabraRules data source onto your form and try running your command again and let us know what is returned to the error node?

Thanks!

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-26-2010 11:38 AM In reply to

• mewilson
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2010
    • Dallas, TX
    • Posts 8

Hilary,

Thanks for your quick response, below is the information you requested. I can't get images from items you want me to include but did do the following on the error control:

Error Control displays the following when after running submit:

"An error has occurred executing the rule. Usage is:

SubmitToSharePointList
            /submit=Sharepoint List Service Submit Adapter Name /mapping=Mapping Adapter Name [/id = Path to Id field for SharePoint List Id]"

I changed one thing in this command by inserting a space after SubmitToSharePointList and the first / and got the following error after publishing and running the form again:

An unexpected error occurred executing the rule. Action: SubmitToSharePointList
     Arguments:
    submit: SPListSubmit
    mapping: meetingminutesmapping
    id: my:id

Details: Error occurred generating the batch element
     Details: Expression must evaluate to a node-set.
    Stack:   at Qdabra.GenerateBatch.GenerateBatchElement(List`1 docs, XmlDocument mapping, String qRulesListId)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SubmitToSharePointList(String submitDs, String mappingDs, String id)
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.SubmitToSharePointList()
       at Qdabra.Tools.RulesLibrary.Commands.ExecuteCommand()

• 04-26-2010 05:37 PM In reply to

Okay. So from the first error, we know that your command had a syntax issue. The second error is your real error. Since you didn't map for a repeating section, you need to use the full XPath to the Id field in your Action group. You can get that by opening the data source task pane, and right clicking on the Id field and selecting "Copy XPath". Then, for the /id parameter, paste in the XPath. If you named the node "id", I'd expect the XPath to be: my:myFields/my:ActionItems/my:Actions/my:id

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-27-2010 06:10 AM In reply to

• mewilson
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2010
    • Dallas, TX
    • Posts 8

I have modified the XPath for ID and I am getting the following error message:

An error occurred submitting one or more item(s):  The operation failed because an unexpected error occurred. (Result Code: 0x80020005)

This doesn't look good, please help!

Michael

• 04-27-2010 08:05 AM In reply to

Can you attach your form template to a reply so I can have a look at it? Under the "Options" tab, you can attach a file. Thanks!

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-27-2010 08:12 AM In reply to

• mewilson
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2010
    • Dallas, TX
    • Posts 8

I have attached the form with this one. I will reply one more time to attache the xml map file.

• 04-27-2010 08:12 AM In reply to

• mewilson
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2010
    • Dallas, TX
    • Posts 8

Here is the xml mapping file.

• 04-27-2010 10:36 AM In reply to

From the mapping in your form, it looks like you've redone the mapping since your original post? Now it is set up correctly for a repeating group. Since your mapping has been modified to use a repeating group, your /id parameter needs to be relative: /id=my:id

Give that a try, and let's see what happens next....

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-27-2010 11:08 AM In reply to

• mewilson
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2010
    • Dallas, TX
    • Posts 8

I made the changed it and I get the same error code as the last time:

An error occurred submitting one or more item(s):  The operation failed because an unexpected error occurred. (Result Code: 0x80020005)

Regards,

Michael

• 04-27-2010 03:51 PM In reply to

I think the problem may lie with trying to populate the "Assigned To" field -- I did a web search for this error, and am seeing that some people report it when using UpdateListItems if they try to set a user field with a value other than the user Id from the site. Can you try modifying your mapping to not set assigned to and see if you have success creating items without that?

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-27-2010 06:18 PM In reply to

• mewilson
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2010
    • Dallas, TX
    • Posts 8

Hurray! Removing the Assigned To from the mapping worked. The tasks posted without any errors. Now, how do we resolve the Assigned To field as the tasks post don't do much for us without knowing who it was assigned to?

P.S. I really appreciate you sticking in there with me to move this along. The functionality this product can deliver is critical for our SharePoint rollout this year across the company. Give yourself a pat on the back and ask for a bonus once you get the Assigned To fixed.

Regards,

Michael

• 04-28-2010 08:22 AM In reply to

Well, what I read is that to set values in columns like "Assigned To" you need to use the ID of the user for the site. To test this, you could select a site user in SharePoint and edit them -- you'll see "ID=27" or whatever their ID is in the URL. Then, try using the command with that ID number in your field for "Assigned To".

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-28-2010 11:25 AM In reply to

• mewilson
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2010
    • Dallas, TX
    • Posts 8

OK, that worked! You can ask for you bonus now... In order to get a raise too can you tell me how I might approach being the following scenario:

Allow the user to type in the name such as Wilson, Michael and lookup the ID so that the ID value is sent when submitting the form but the Assigned To stays as Wilson, Michael. I realize I can use a hidden field on the form to store the the ID for a particular user but is there a web service query I can use to pull back the ID based on a match or do one of the other features of qRules allow me to do something similiar?

• 04-28-2010 05:12 PM In reply to

I'm kind of thinking that having the user type in a name and then trying to look it up leaves you open to an awful lot of potential user error. Here's a blog post about getting back user information from SharePoint. It does require code, but you could then have a drop down for your Assigned To field, with the value set to the user's Id and the display set to the user's name. Then you'd submit the Id, the display would show the name, and you don't have to count on your user to get the name right.

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 3 (32 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.