Font color on disabled controls - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Font color on disabled controls

Last post 04-02-2020 12:13 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-15-2016 09:44 AM In reply to

Re: Font color on disabled controls

Here it is back with a minor change made to the Change Status view after saving as form files that should take care of that design checker error. Save locally, right click and select Design - if you can't download from here, let me know - I'll get your email address from your forum account and email it to you. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-15-2016 10:46 AM In reply to

• nkidd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-13-2016
    • Posts 6

Well, the bad news is it still gave me the same design checker error...but - the good news is i tried publishing the form anyway and it appears to be working just fine. I ran a couple tests in sharepoint and as far as i can tell, it is working perfectly. Thank you so much for all of your help!!!
  • 04-15-2016 10:59 AM In reply to

Oh excellent - I think the error only will affect you if the form has code, so as long as you don't have code, you'll be fine.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-30-2020 12:23 PM In reply to

I have a slightly different but related issue regarding the font color of a dropdown list.
    I have a drop down list with four options.The User will have to pick what is relevant to them and submit the form. This is Security clearance of an employee. So employee pick one of the four options. (Option A, Option B, Option C, Option D). Say Applicant picked Option C.

In the next stage the Manager has to verify the selection the User has made. So the Manager also has a dropdown list with the same four options. And the Manager checks the record and make the correct security status of the employee as per the records. Say that choice is Option B.

So what I am trying to do is:
    - When the Manager makes their selection (in this case, Option B) I want to change the value of the Employees dropdown also to Option B instead of the Option C that they have picked. I know how to do that, no problem. And I can disable the field so that the employee cannot change it back to Option B.

The problem is the font in that disabled field. Now it is barely readable. Is there anyway I can change the format?

• 03-31-2020 07:33 AM In reply to

I would probably hide the dropdown instead of disabling it. Then use a calculated value to show the selection in the formatting you wish - with that hidden if the dropdown is showing.... Does that make sense?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-01-2020 10:26 PM In reply to

Thank you. It might but I have to check it... I am not sure if I can dynamically replace a dropdown list with a textfield view, based on another field (Manager's field) selection.

What I really wanted to do was that when the Manager changes the options in the selection box, it also affects the selection in the one that the Employee has selected. That way Manager can see that even though the employee selected Option C, when they manager changed it in their Approval box to Option B, it actually changed/overrides the selection made by the Employeee also.

• 04-02-2020 12:13 PM In reply to

Based on your earlier post in this thread, it sounded like you already were changing the "employee" selection when the manager made theirs? But just don't care for the formatting? The suggestion I'm making would use the same conditional formatting on the dropdown control - just hide it instead of disabling it. Add a calculated value (not a text field) with the opposite formatting? Feel free to attach a copy of your form if you need a hand.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.