html email with sharepoint designer workflow - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

html email with sharepoint designer workflow

Last post 11-30-2008 07:05 PM by barmatt80. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2008 07:05 PM

html email with sharepoint designer workflow

I am back to my sharepoint work after been working on other items.  My question is that when users submits the form, i just need a simple html email sent to their manager, etc.

I have the form and the workflow setup, but however sometimes the workflow does not pick the values up correctly in the emails.  Like if bob fills out the request, the email will say.  Bob has filled out a new leave request.  Bob would be a hyper link to send an email to bob.  I got all this, but sometimes it will not pick up the name bob, and just give ?????.   Any ideas?

So is it better to create the html body in a variable in the workflow and then add that variable to the send email function in sharepoint designer, or just keep putting the html into the send email body?

Also on values on the form that are not filled in (these are promoted fields), when using that variable they produce the ????? in the email.  Any way to stop this?  We are using office 2007 with exchange 2003.  I thought about java script, but don't know it and I have read that java script is usually disabled by email clients anyways.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.