"Same Cascading Dropdown Pairs" & "One DataConnection" - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

"Same Cascading Dropdown Pairs" & "One DataConnection"

Last post 08-28-2008 07:45 AM by Anuma. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-28-2008 07:25 AM

• remeto
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-31-2008
    • Posts 9

"Same Cascading Dropdown Pairs" & "One DataConnection"

Hello, i wrote this subject to general forum but noone replied, let me try it here :)

I have cascading drop-down list boxes for District - City names. First i select the district and then City dropdown refreshes. I have no problem  with doing this. I have DataConnection for getting Districts and Cities. And i bind dropdowns using them. The problem is there is 5 of "District-City" dropdownlist pairs in my form. And all of them use the same DataConnections. So when i change the district in one of them, all of the City dropdowns reloads. So as you realize drop-down pairs do not match when i select different Districts. I dont't want to use a diffrerent DataConnection for per dropdownlist. Is there a way to do it with one District DataConnection, one City DataConnection and multiple District-City dropdown pairs?

Thank you....

remeto

• 08-28-2008 07:45 AM In reply to

• Anuma
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 07-20-2005
    • India
    • Posts 525

Re: "Same Cascading Dropdown Pairs" & "One DataConnection"

Hi,

I think you are loading City dropdown values once you select the district drop down.

You can load the dataconnection onload by checking the the "Automatically retrive data when form is opened" check box while you creating the data connection in the last window  of the data connection wizard.

Anuma Chinthapalli /
    http://www.GGKTech.com
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.