programmatically changing connections to sharepoint sites? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

programmatically changing connections to sharepoint sites?

Last post 06-19-2008 12:01 PM by Clay Fox. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-10-2008 08:04 PM

programmatically changing connections to sharepoint sites?

I am creating a Site to be used as a template this site contains infopath forms as well as data about the site I was wondering how I change the connections to the sharepoint lists to refer to the correct site, programmatically. Can anyone help???

• 06-11-2008 09:45 AM In reply to

Re: programmatically changing connections to sharepoint sites?

If you have SP 2007 you should check out UDCs Universl Data Connections.

This gives you a common set of data connections that forms reference and these can be replicated to each site or be global.

Alternatly DCs can be manually updated by extracting and editing the manifest file.

• 06-17-2008 05:44 PM In reply to

Clay Fox:

If you have SP 2007 you should check out UDCs Universl Data Connections.

This gives you a common set of data connections that forms reference and these can be replicated to each site or be global.

Alternatly DCs can be manually updated by extracting and editing the manifest file.

Hi Clay

The problem I have is that I am going to template a site complete with forms and lists on MOSS 2007. When a new site gets created from the template I require that the infopath forms reference the lists held within the new site and not the template.

As I am new to infopath and sharepoint I am not sure how to do this.

looking at editing the manifest file now thanks for the help. ill let you know how it goes

• 06-18-2008 06:29 PM In reply to

hmmmmm Still no love. The dam site template does not copy over the infopath forms.  Which are used as context forms on the new site and always refers to the templates location and data connections. Making it useless to me! Is there a way to make a template which copies over the forms DC and makes the contexts refer to the copied over forms??? So I can change them by code if necessary so they point the local lists and not that of the DAM templates.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated as this is starting to get on my nerves....

• 06-19-2008 12:01 PM In reply to

You may want to look at Qdabra's migration tool.

It will move the templates and any documents and relink them which I beleive is what you are referring to.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.