Data Connections - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Data Connections

Last post 03-09-2010 11:26 AM by Tricia. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-18-2008 12:08 PM

Data Connections

I have entered a data connection that will have my completed form emailed to a predetermined email address.  However, the attachment will pull the document from a local folder instead of actually attaching the file to the email.  The problem I am encountering is that I cannot have a true master form that multiple people can utilize if each completed form is saved on top of the master.  How can I have the completed file sent as an attachment, while keeping the master file on the local drive? 

• 02-18-2008 03:11 PM In reply to

Hi There and Welcome.

What version of InfoPath are you using.

Your form should have a submit data connection to save to a file location and to email the form. These should both occur within the same submit process to keep consistentcy.  Do you have a network location you are publishing this to?

The submit to file would also name each copy so that they did not overwrite the same one( you would need to create a scheme for unique naming.

If you would like some one-to-one expert advice and help, you can purchase support credits here. http://www.qdabra.com/products_all.asp?cat=12

• 01-07-2010 04:17 PM In reply to

• Tricia
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 01-07-2010
    • Louisiana
    • Posts 3

My problem is, when I add new information to my XML excel sheets the new information is not showing up on my form when I open it.  So what I'm doing to get me by until I figure it out is create a new data connection for each field that I updated.  I'm using Info Path 2003, I have to design all the companies forms and I am more familiar with Word and Publisher so this is new to me.  The box is checked off to automatically retrieve data when form is opened when I added each new data connection.  This particular form I've been working with will only be used from my computer and is e-mailed to vendors for purchasing. 

• 01-08-2010 08:05 AM In reply to

Your data connections to your XML files -- are you including the file with the form template as a resouce? Or accessing it from the original location? I think the default in the data connection wizard is to include it, which may be why you are having this trouble, if you are just adding new information to fields already part of the schema of your data connection. If you are actually adding new XML elements, you will have to walk through the data connection wizard to recreate the schema used by InfoPath for the secondary data connection.

Hilary Stoupa

• 01-13-2010 04:00 PM In reply to

• Tricia
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 01-07-2010
    • Louisiana
    • Posts 3

Yes they are saved as resource files, can you give me your best suggestion to avoid having to keep recreating these data connections,  I don't think I'm adding new XML Elements, but I'm not sure what that is.  The XML Files are located on my computer, so don't understand why it's not automatically retrieving the data from the xml files when I add new info to it, eventhough I have the box checked off under every data connection I've done.

• 03-09-2010 11:26 AM In reply to

• Tricia
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 01-07-2010
    • Louisiana
    • Posts 3

K, I figured the problem out myself.  The data should have been stored in a database as opposed to just an XML file.  A database is considered a primary connection which can receive and submit date as opposed to the XML file, which only secondary

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.