DBXL Installation Trouble - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

DBXL Installation Trouble

Last post 10-18-2007 09:03 PM by Patrick Halstead. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-10-2007 02:07 PM In reply to

Re: DBXL Installation Trouble

Thanks Again Jim The SQL Server 2005 Express is on the local machine I have already set up ASPNET with Sysadmin priviledges through SSMSE, I think that something else is going on?!?!?! Cheers
    Adam Harding
    Wales
    UK
  • 10-11-2007 01:46 PM In reply to

Jim Thanks for all your help so far. XP Home is not suitable due to the lack of security, am going to format my XP Pro PC and use that instead, least I have a fighting chance with that one! Cheers
    Adam Harding
    Wales
    UK
  • 10-18-2007 10:55 AM In reply to

Hello

Just a quick note to all you guys to thank you for your patience and time.  I have learned my lesson and installed DBXL on my XP Pro machine and the install went both smoothly and quickly.  I think the reason for XP Home not working is its lack of NT security and it is this lack (I think) that prevents installation of DBXL on any home machine.

Thanks again

Adam

Adam Harding
    Wales
    UK
  • 10-18-2007 09:03 PM In reply to

Hi Adam!

Glad to hear you overcame the installation difficulty. XP Home definitely won't work and we need to update our Setup Guide to clearly state that (I'm very sorry to say that it currently just says Windows XP).  We will update the document soon and also add specifics for Vista. In the future we should probably also have the installer detect the OS and prevent installation if it is incompatible.

Thanks

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.