Concatenation question - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Concatenation question

Last post 10-04-2007 11:53 PM by adamrharding. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-27-2007 05:25 AM

Concatenation question

I have a group of check boxes that are each separate elements on my form. I have a hidden field that feeds my database with the result of all checked boxes via the concatenation function. My problem is that the concatenation function returns blank spaces in the result whenever one or more of the check boxes is blank. How do I get the function to ignore unchecked boxes and just return a concatenation of all the checked fields?

Thanks.

Heath

• 09-27-2007 06:25 AM In reply to

Are you using the default of the hidden field to concatenate your check boxes?  You could use the rules of each check box with a condition of is not blank.

Cheers,

Ren

• 09-27-2007 07:37 AM In reply to

I'm not sure I'm clear on what you are saying. Could you elaborate?

Thanks.

Heath

• 09-28-2007 07:43 AM In reply to

Could this be resolved using filters on the hidden field that concatenates the check boxes? 

• 10-04-2007 11:53 PM In reply to

Hi

What I think RLPope was suggesting was to set a number of rules on the hidden field that are conditional by the check boxes not being blank.  For example,

Rule 1 Check-Box(CB) A is not blank and CB B is not blank and CB C is not blank and CB D is not blank Action Set a field's value, hidden field, concat(CBA, CBB, CBC, CBD)

Rule 2 CB A is blank and CB B is not blank and CB C is not blank and CB D is not blank Action Set a field's value, hidden field, concat(CBB, CBC, CBD)

And so on, this would then guarantee only the right rule will run which in turn guarantees the correct result.

Cheers

Adam

Adam Harding
    Wales
    UK
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.