Problems with Chapter 2 BookPurchase Project - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Problems with Chapter 2 BookPurchase Project

Last post 03-08-2005 11:49 PM by Patrick Halstead. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-04-2005 01:19 PM

Problems with Chapter 2 BookPurchase Project

WinXP Pro SP1
    VS.NET 2003
    All service packs applied

I am working through the sample for Chapter 2, BookPurchase project. Its close to a requirement for a series of forms that I have.

For a while, I worked through the form in design view, leaving the codebehind alone in VS.NET. After completing everything up to the final stage, I attempted to compile the form. Both InfoPath and Visual Studio bomb.

The first time I tried to compile, I got a build error: Unable to build project because Infopath is not running. It was most certainly running.

I shut down Infopath and VS.NET. I noticed there was no XSN file in the project directory, so I reopened VS.NET and tried to open my Infopath project. I got another error: Unable to connect to Infopath - the process is not responding. The rest of the VS project, however, loads. Infopath never opens my form.

Now I can build my project, when I try to run it, Infopath opens in what looks like Design view (no form is actually loaded, it appears to be waiting for me to tell it what I want to do), and I get the process not responding error again.

Anyone have similar problems?

When I launch the SLN file from Visual Studio,

• 02-04-2005 02:40 PM In reply to

Re: Problems with Chapter 2 BookPurchase Project

A reboot fixed this. I imagine somewhere along the way the IP process was no longer attached to VS.NET.

Strange.
  • 03-08-2005 11:49 PM In reply to

Re: Problems with Chapter 2 BookPurchase Project

Hi Elliot!
    Welcome to the board. Let me know if you have any other problems.
    Patrick
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.