Email - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Email

Last post 02-15-2006 01:05 PM by Agni Jonnalagadda. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-14-2006 02:01 PM

• ek38
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2006
    • Posts 54

Email

We are using Infopath in conjunction with Sharepoint.

We have a comments text box in the form that we would like to place in the body (or as infopath calls it, introduction) of the email.

In the data connection, we can assign form values to the "To:" and "Subject" lines but not the body. Is there anyway around this. It seems like a design flaw to me.
  • 02-14-2006 10:47 PM In reply to

Hi,
    Welcome to the Forum!
    Yes when we take the dataconnection we cannot assign a form value to the "Introduction". But we can achieve this in the code.
    emailAdapterObject.Intro = "";

Agni
    INFOPATHdev India
  • 02-15-2006 08:03 AM In reply to

• ek38
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2006
    • Posts 54
    Thanks for the reply Agni,

Being new to Infopath, can you direct me to where this code needs to be placed? Is there supporting code that needs to be entered? e.g. Do we have to create the object and destroy it when we are done etc.

My guess is that we need to put another button on the form that says email. Then we have to use choose custom code behind the button and program in all the email parameters. If this is the case, can you point me to a good library of sample code to do this? Or perhaps, I'm making this too complicated.

quote:
    Originally posted by Agni

Hi,
    Welcome to the Forum!
    Yes when we take the dataconnection we cannot assign a form value to the "Introduction". But we can achieve this in the code.
    emailAdapterObject.Intro = "";

Agni
    INFOPATHdev India

• 02-15-2006 01:05 PM In reply to

How are you submitting the form now?
    If is a "Submit" kind of button then you can write your code in OnSubmitRequest method.

If it is a regular button you can use custom code behind the button.
    Search the Forum with "Email" as the keyword there are lot of posts which have the code to access the email adapter.

Agni
    INFOPATHdev India
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.