User with multiple roles cannot sign as final approver - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

User with multiple roles cannot sign as final approver

Last post 11-28-2023 04:35 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-22-2023 11:25 AM

• jean-o
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-14-2009
    • Posts 1

User with multiple roles cannot sign as final approver

I'm trying to get the functionality of the form to allow the Training Admin to be able to close out the InfoPath form because the supervisor is no longer available. Supervisors have role of First and/or Secondary Supervisor, assigned via SharePoint list "Manage Supervisors". Supervisors can sign to approve the initial training request and also approve when training is complete. User in question (Training Admin) also has roles of "First Supervisor" and "Second Supervisor," assigned via SharePoint list "Manage Supervisors". User also has roles of "Training Officer" and Training "Admin", assigned via second SharePoint list titled "Manage Roles". The user can digitally sign as a First and Second Supervisor as well as the Training Officer for the respective responsibilities. InfoPath Form Process Flow: * Supervisors can sign to approve the initial training request. * Training Officer approves initial training request, after supervisor has approved * Form goes to Budget Officer, they digitally sign (Budget Officer role is assigned via the "Manage Roles" SharePoint list) **Upon completion of training, the First and Second Supervisor can digitally sign the form, but the user in question, cannot digitally sign the form. I believe this is by design. I need the Training Admin to be able to sign/close out the form in addition to the First and Second Supervisors. (Some supervisors are no longer available and the forms have to be closed). Rules for First Supervisor (Second Supervisor are the same with the exception of the name) Rule: set sign, date, name, phone,email (SUPERVISOR) Condition: SupvUserName=substring-after(userName(), "\") Actions: Set a fields value: CompletionAuthDate = today() Set a fields value: CompletionAuthName = SupvName Set a fields value: CompletionAuthTelephone = SupvTelephone Set a fields value: CompletionAuthEmail = SupvEmail Rules for Training Admin (different because using different SharePoint list below [above field values are from fields used in the form]) Rule: set sign, date, name, phone,email (TRAINING ADMIN) Condition: Role = "Admin" Name=substring-after(userName(), "\") Actions: Set a fields value: CompletionAuthDate = today() Set a fields value: CompletionAuthName = DisplayName Set a fields value: CompletionAuthTelephone = Title Set a fields value: CompletionAuthEmail = Email Please help!
  • 11-28-2023 04:35 PM In reply to

Re: User with multiple roles cannot sign as final approver

Hmmm. It does seem like there is a condition or something blocking this user from being able to sign. Any chance you can attach a copy of the form under a reply (the options tab allows file attachments)? I have a hard time understanding form logic when I'm not able to click around in the form, even though you've been really thorough in describing it. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.