Display Submit Success - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Display Submit Success

Last post 02-07-2022 07:48 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-02-2022 08:19 AM

Display Submit Success

Trying to find a way to show users a message when they click submit and its successful. The form is basic information, few required fields, won’t allow to submit without them filled in. The submit button has condition, that the user needs to check an acknowledgement box. Then the only rules for the submit box currently are submit data via email, for my testing. Production form submits to SharePoint library. Then on both forms (test,prod) the form closes. Using InfoPath designer 2013, 15.0.4805.1000, 64b. In the submit options, I have the ‘show the submit button’ checked. In submit, advanced, I have ‘show success’ and ‘show fail’, options checked. Then after submit, close form. ----------- When I preview the form (in infopath) I am able to see the submit button, upper left and the button created on the form. Both submit the form. When I use the submit in the upper left of the form, I do get the form submitted successfully. It’s when I use the one on the form that I don’t see the message. ----------- I thought of just removing the submit option on the form but there are two issues. 1. Users/Testing can’t see the submit button in the upper left corner. a. Think this is the bigger issue 2. The acknowledgement required check box. I would rather use the submit button that is on the form.
  • 02-07-2022 07:48 AM In reply to

Is this form used in Filler or the Browser? If filler, just use a message box action. If the browser, you could always add a field to the form's data source for your submit message and then, as part of the submit logic, after the form has submitted, set the value to "Your form has submitted successfully" or whatever. If you set the field AFTER the form submits then the value won't be there the next time they open it, you won't even have to clear the value. Use the field in a calculated value, displayed on the form.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.