Problems showing Approved status in a Document Library column - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Problems showing Approved status in a Document Library column

Last post 12-02-2021 09:38 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-02-2021 09:23 AM

Problems showing Approved status in a Document Library column

Hi, I've created a new form for my company and I've been setting up individual Approvals for each of 3 different workflows. The approvals process works flawlessly but I am having a problem trying to figure out how to show the approval status on the document library in a column, without a separate column for each of the 3 new workflows. I would like the word "Approved" (depending on the status, presumably 'approved') to for all 3 workflows to show up in ONE column if at all possible. How can I accomplish this?
  • 12-02-2021 09:38 AM In reply to

Re: Problems showing Approved status in a Document Library column

I haven't used SharePoint Designer Workflows for a while - but I think the workflow creates a column in the library, right? It looks like that can't be used in a calculated column, however, I just checked that on an old library that I'd had a workflow on. I wonder if in each of your different workflows, you could add a step to check the values of the other workflow columns, and if they are = approved, set a different column to approved. I'm not sure that will work, but it's where I'd start. Oh - another thought. You could use an additional helper column and increment an int value there as each workflow hits approved. So in the workflow, set "Counter" to its value plus one. Then, your single "Approved" column could be calculated - if Counter = 3 show "Approved" and if not, show blank or "In Progress" or something?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.