Submitting subset of form fields to email - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submitting subset of form fields to email

Last post 09-01-2021 11:26 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-24-2021 12:20 AM

Submitting subset of form fields to email

Hi Hilary!
    I have an infopath form with sharepoint list connection for a service desk process which I want to just extract the customer reply into an email.
    I'm triggering the email by using a particular status field, so if status = "Send Mail" then action is to submit to email.
    This form has multiple views and I only want to send the customer reply fields, nothing else, so have created a specific view for this.
    I'm finding that the trigger field must be on the view where I save the form or else it won't work, is this normal?

So I have created a specific view where they should click Save that only contains the customer reply text fields AND the progress status field, but I want to hide the progress status field so eventually they could just fire the reply directly to the customer from SharePoint, at the moment I'm sending the mail to their helpdesk mailbox first so they can QA it and then send on to the customer..
  • 08-31-2021 08:19 AM In reply to

Re: Submitting subset of form fields to email

No, this doesn't sound like the way it should behave - is this a browser form? May I see it? You can attach a copy to a reply under the options tab...
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-31-2021 09:53 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary
    See attached and yes this is a form in SharePoint, I've removed a lot because this is client sensitive and just left the essential piece.
    In the Request 1 etc sections the Scenario 1 field drives the text that will appear in the Scenario 1 Template text box below it (data is in an external SP list)
    I just want that same text to be published plainly in an email so they can manipulate it further before finally sending to a customer.
    I have found that I have to out some trigger on that "Email" view, otherwise the submit to email is not firing, so I'm obviously missing something simple?!
    Thanks!
  • 09-01-2021 11:26 AM In reply to

Well - you have to have something to submit to email - either have it on the "submit" button, or add a button that submits the form, or, as you've done, add the submit rule on the checkbox. If you use rules for submit, you could perhaps determine from some other form info whether the user is ready to email it - but since you are letting the user edit text prior to emailing, you definitely need to have some user interaction so you know when they are "done".
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.