SubmittoSharePointList data from InfoPath form parameter not rendering in Sharepoint List - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SubmittoSharePointList data from InfoPath form parameter not rendering in Sharepoint List

Last post 08-19-2021 09:13 AM by T Johnson. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-18-2021 12:25 PM

SubmittoSharePointList data from InfoPath form parameter not rendering in Sharepoint List

I worked through qRules and the SubmittoSharepoint tool to develop a form with a repeating table. I am currently waiting on admin approval for my form template so it is not published yet, but the data is successfully linked to a SharePoint list. However, the first field/question (drop-down) in my form is not appropriately rendering to the SharePoint list. I thought there could be an issue with my mapping and the way I set the column up, but i have another drop down that is embedded in a repeating table that is working perfectly fine. I am looking for a way to make sure that the data from the "EmployeeType" field is appropriately pushing to my list. Also, I am looking for clarification on how to map two or more repeating tables in one form to the same sharepoint list. I am unsure how to make the tables relative to one another so that the data is saved appropriately. I solved this problem, by combining my two desired repeating tables into one with a drop down field, but I am curious of the actual solution. I have attached my mapping and form. I have also included a screenshot of my schema for quick review.
  • 08-18-2021 12:27 PM In reply to

Re: SubmittoSharePointList data from InfoPath form parameter not rendering in Sharepoint List

Including schema picture and mapping.
  • 08-18-2021 04:44 PM In reply to

Re: SubmittoSharePointList data from InfoPath form parameter not rendering in Sharepoint List

Are any of your non-repeating fields getting saved to the list? I think the relative paths may be off by one - you have ../../../../../my:FOD and I think it is supposed to be relative to group17, so would be ../../../../my:FOD for example. If you need to map multiple repeating groups to the same list, just add another mapping - not as a child in the mapping tool, but it can be in the same file. You can have multiple mappings to the same list (I think - if the mapping tool blocks that for some reason, just use separate mapping files and the /mapping parameter)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-19-2021 05:01 AM In reply to

Hmm, I will attempt adjusting that however every other field is mapping properly, including when multiple lines from the repeating table are entered, so I am not sure that will resolve my issue. Is there anything else that could have led to this issue? Also, in this secondary mapping do i remap everything again but relative to the other repeating group and this way they can properly relate to one another?
  • 08-19-2021 08:25 AM In reply to

So your other higher level fields are submitting data to the list? Just Employee Type is not?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-19-2021 08:39 AM In reply to

Yes, Employee Type is the only field not working properly.
  • 08-19-2021 08:46 AM In reply to

And just to make sure I understand - when you say "not working properly" you mean the data isn't submitted to the list? That column is blank?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-19-2021 08:52 AM In reply to

So - if I put a calculated value into group17, which is the base path for your mapping, and select Employee Type, the XPath is: ../../../../my:EmployeeType which is why I think the relative paths to your non-repeating data may not be correct. Here's a copy of your mapping with the non-repeating fields changed, perhaps you could give it a try.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-19-2021 09:13 AM In reply to

Thanks alot, Hilary. It seems that was the issue, but for some reason it only affected the 'Employee Type' field. All is resolved now.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.