Person/Group Picker control not rendering in Infopath 2013 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Person/Group Picker control not rendering in Infopath 2013

Last post 10-12-2021 07:26 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2021 05:20 PM

• criscles
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-21-2010
    • Adelaide, Australia
    • Posts 12

Person/Group Picker control not rendering in Infopath 2013

In the last few days my person/group picker control does not render at all on an existing for OR if I attempt to insert it in a new form. It appears as a broken image link might (See image 1) however it does insert a corresponding group and relative fields in the Fields area.

Internally we are on a crusade to secure our systems and patch them quite frequently. Evidently something has broken this control or it's dependencies but I have no idea where to start.

I did look at this information ( People Picker field embedded in Office documents does not show "Add People" dialog box ) however I'm not sure if this is even relative to the issue if the control doesn't render.

If I right-click on where the control should be in the form it does display a people picker dialog however the dialog only contains three tabs - Data, Size, Advanced - and is missing the SharePoint Server and General tabs.

If anyone can shed any light on this issue or a fix, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• 08-17-2021 08:25 AM In reply to

Re: Person/Group Picker control not rendering in Infopath 2013

Is the screenshot from design mode? Do you have the same issue in preview or when the form is deployed? I have a vague memory of having seen this before - I'll go search around a bit and see if I can find anything helpful.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-17-2021 04:41 PM In reply to

• criscles
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-21-2010
    • Adelaide, Australia
    • Posts 12

In a new form it appears the same in both design mode and preview mode. In an existing form it appears as attached in both Preview and Design modes. Thanks for looking! :)
  • 08-18-2021 10:40 AM In reply to

I did a search but am not finding anything. I remember at one point there was a Windows update that broke date pickers (and another one later that fixed them). Can you attach a copy of a form where you've added a people picker (it can just be a new blank form) so I can see if the control renders correctly on my machine? Do you have all Windows & Office updates installed? Have you tried repairing InfoPath?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-18-2021 04:30 PM In reply to

• criscles
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-21-2010
    • Adelaide, Australia
    • Posts 12

Thanks Hilary. I tried a repair to no avail. Attached is an example.
  • 08-18-2021 04:39 PM In reply to

Cool. I can confirm that your broken People Picker also looks broken on my machine! But if I add a picker to the same form, it looks normal. Attaching a screenshot with info on my InfoPath version. I'll take a look at the form files tomorrow and see if there are any clues there.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-18-2021 04:49 PM In reply to

• criscles
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-21-2010
    • Adelaide, Australia
    • Posts 12

Thankyou. My version is exactly the same BUT 32-bit. Hmmm... the plot thickens.
  • 08-18-2021 04:55 PM In reply to

What about Windows?

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 21H1
    Installed on ‎12/‎23/‎2020
    OS build 19043.1165
    Serial number PF10YWTD
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Hilary Stoupa

• 08-18-2021 05:05 PM In reply to

• criscles
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-21-2010
    • Adelaide, Australia
    • Posts 12

As shown. Note: Infopath is working in the general corporate population but not in our small internal pilot group. I will compare OS's. Our current version FYI
  • 08-19-2021 09:07 AM In reply to

So - the issue is sizing. I added another person / group to your form, and took a look at the view files, and the only diff was your broken control was set to 16 px height and 16 px width. My not-broken control is 27 px height and 360 px width. Changing your "broken" person / group picker to the correct height and width displayed it correctly :) The top one in this screenshot was yours... That may be an ok work around?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-19-2021 05:18 PM In reply to

• criscles
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-21-2010
    • Adelaide, Australia
    • Posts 12

Thanks for looking at this. For me it just makes the broken picker bigger. The absence of the "General" and "SharePoint Server" tabs in the control properties points to something a bit more sinister.
  • 08-31-2021 08:10 AM In reply to

Yup, it does. I'm not sure what else to suggest - Are you using all 32 bit Office? That is, both InfoPath and your regular Office install are the same?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-01-2021 05:31 PM In reply to

• criscles
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-21-2010
    • Adelaide, Australia
    • Posts 12

Hilary, 64 Bit Office, 32 Bit Infopath. I'll see what happens with 64-bit Infopath. Cheers
  • 10-11-2021 06:20 PM In reply to

• criscles
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-21-2010
    • Adelaide, Australia
    • Posts 12

Just a follow up. We have identified the root cause for this issue. Our security team were hardening the Application Broker Control policy which ended up blocking registration of the People Selector control. Once we amended the policy to allow this the control appeared on the forms as originally intended. Thanks for all your help.
  • 10-12-2021 07:26 AM In reply to

Oh wow. Thank you so much for following up on this.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.