text box only shows first row of result set from sql query - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

text box only shows first row of result set from sql query

Last post 08-03-2021 03:58 PM by lou d. 22 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-03-2021 09:28 AM In reply to

Re: text box only shows first row of result set from sql query

I think if you put the repeating table in a layout table cell, and format that layout table cell to have a white background (and auto-height), this might display as you wish. But can I see your form? I'm not sure why you have the gap, as you aren't using a layout table in the last copy I have (which is a common cause of this).
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-03-2021 01:04 PM In reply to

• lou d
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2021
    • Posts 40

Attached is the .xsn file. The repeating table is for the field 'Metric Type' (about two thirds of the way down the form), which is bound to a sql server data source field called 'Metric Type Name'. I will try out your suggestion as well. Thanks! Lou
  • 08-03-2021 01:13 PM In reply to

You had conditional formatting on the control inside the repeating table to hide it, but not on the table itself. So I copied that rule to the table. Also I put the table inside a layout table cell - perhaps this will now look the way you want it to.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-03-2021 02:27 PM In reply to

• lou d
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2021
    • Posts 40

Thank you Hilary!. I have to repeat these steps for a few more fields that can have multiple values, so I want to make sure I understand what you did and try from scratch rather than copy and paste. I understand about the conditional formatting, but you indicate you put the table inside a layout table cell. These are the steps I can't follow, as I don't see an option to add a control called 'layout cell'. See the attached screenshot. Do you add a table from this menu bar somewhere and then slide the repeating table into it? Thanks! Lou
  • 08-03-2021 02:49 PM In reply to

A layout table can be added from the Insert menu - Custom table - I selected a single row, single column table. Then I cut & pasted the table into the cell. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-03-2021 03:22 PM In reply to

• lou d
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2021
    • Posts 40

Thank you. I need to do the same for a few other fields, but I get the attached error message. I did the following steps, and get the error message at step 5: 1. Added the layout table; 2. Copied the repeating table from the field you helped me with and pasted it into the layout table; 3. right click the value inside the repeating table you helped me with and selected copy; 4. I pasted it into the new repeating table; 5. I attempted to change the binding to the field I need for this new repeating table but when I select the field to bind it to (which is in another data connection I created), I get the attached error. Thanks..Lou
  • 08-03-2021 03:28 PM In reply to

You may need to rebind the repeating table to the other data source first. Basically, the repeating table needs to be bound to the correct data source - then you can change the control inside it.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-03-2021 03:58 PM In reply to

• lou d
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2021
    • Posts 40

That did it. Thanks again!..Lou
Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.