One submit button that emails two views - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

One submit button that emails two views

Last post 07-28-2021 03:19 PM by lou d. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-28-2021 11:59 AM

• lou d
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2021
    • Posts 33

One submit button that emails two views

Hello, I am totally new to infopath. I have one .xsn file that has two views. The user fills out the fields in viewA and I have a button that then switches them to viewB. On viewB I have a submit button to email the form. It works except that only viewB appears on the email even though I start out on viewA and then go to viewB. Is there a way to have the submit button link both views and submit in one email? Thanks for any assistance.
    Filed under:
  • 07-28-2021 12:13 PM In reply to

Re: One submit button that emails two views

InfoPath only emails the "current" view - so whatever view the user is on when the form is submitted. Are you using the InfoPath Filler application, or are your forms filled out in a browser? If you are filling them out in the browser, you could add a third view with all the stuff you want in the email, and then when the user clicks submit from view B, you could use submit rules to switch to the new view, send email, and switch back - this will happen quickly enough the user shouldn't see it happen... In Filler, this doesn't work, you just end up getting a blank email. So from view B, you'd need to switch to the new view and then have the user submit. Hope this makes sense, let me know if you need more details.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-28-2021 03:19 PM In reply to

• lou d
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-27-2021
    • Posts 33

Re: One submit button that emails two views

Thanks for the quick response
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.