How to send InfoPath form via email by UserName/UserID - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to send InfoPath form via email by UserName/UserID

Last post 08-11-2021 02:24 PM by Evanz. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-27-2021 11:00 AM

• Evanz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 99

How to send InfoPath form via email by UserName/UserID

Hi,

I'm having issues that I've been trying to send the submitted InfoPath form via email to the submitter by using username or userID, but it did not work. I wonder is there a way to pull the submitter's full email address instead of username or userID so that the submitter will also receive a copy of the form via email once the form is submitted? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you so much for your help!  

• 08-06-2021 10:20 AM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 99

Re: How to send InfoPath form via email by UserName/UserID

Hi, I guess this may NOT be possible to set the data connection that allows the submitter to receive an InfoPath form via email once the form (InfoPath Form Library) is submitted. I just wonder if anyone can let me know it's feasible or not, I really appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

Kind Regards,  

• 08-06-2021 04:20 PM In reply to

I don't remember if you are using SharePoint Online or not. If you are not, look into using the user profile service to get the email. I don't understand your latest italicized entry - I mean, you can resubmit a form, you can make the "to" field dynamic in the data connection, etc. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-06-2021 05:30 PM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 99

Hi Hilary,

Thank you so much for your help as always. Much appreciated. I meant my sentence italicized as "Is it possible to set the data connection that allows the submitter to receive an InfoPath form via email once the form (InfoPath Form Library) is submitted?" :-)

Sorry, I am using a SharePoint Premise. I have tried to insert a filed (DisplayName or UserID) or insert function (UserName) for the 'To" field, but it does not work at all. See the screenshot below of the data connection being set.

I don't think I am able to leverage the user profile service to get the email that I already tried before. So, I wonder is there any solution for this? It's greatly appreciated. :)

• 08-10-2021 08:07 AM In reply to

Depending on your environment, email might be able to be sent to the user id. But you've said you tried it. When you say "It does not work at all" what do you mean? You get an error when you try to send the email? The email fails somehow? Does it work in preview but fail in the browser? etc? :) And what happened when you tried the user profile service? I'd expect that to work in on prem - even though you may have to get IT involved to modify a server setting or two....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-11-2021 02:24 PM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 99

Hi Hilary,

Thank you for the questions. When I tried to use "Insert a filed" (DisplayName or UserID) or "Insert fFnction" (UserName) for the 'To" field, but it does not work at all. I meant nothing happened that I did not receive any email notification when the form is submitted (the form is always opened in the web browser).

I won't be able to pull the user's email by using the user profile service. That said, I have to get IT involved in order to make it work. But, that's okay if this is the case, I don't want to try something complicate. Thanks so much for your help! :=)

Best Regards, 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.