Close Button - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Close Button

Last post 07-20-2021 09:03 AM by Evanz. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-12-2021 04:41 PM

• Evanz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 98

Close Button

Hi,

Is it possible to set a "Close" button to close the InfoPath form and return to the SharePoint home page (I mean adding additional URL/Hyperlink to the button at this point)? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help as always!  

• 07-19-2021 08:49 AM In reply to

Well - in theory, if this is a browser form, if you have a "Source" param in the URL you use to open the form, that's what the user gets returned to on form close. I seem to recall you are generally using list forms, tho - is that correct? If so, you might not have much control over this behavior.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-19-2021 02:00 PM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 98

Hi Hilary,

Thank you for your help. This time my "Close" button is from the InfoPath Form library, not the list form. Typically, when I click "Close" button to close the form, it will take the user back to the document library where the user adds the new document. I just wonder if there is a way to close the form and take the user to different SharePoint sites/pages by adding the corresponding URL/hyperlink to the "Close" button. Thank you, :)

• 07-19-2021 03:31 PM In reply to

There is no way to redirect the user when they click the Close button. But where the user is directed is based on the Source parameter in the URL - so, open a form or a new form from your library, and copy the URL out - you'll see a parameter in the URL called "Source" and it will probably point back to the library view the form was opened from. If you were to put a link to open a new document some place else, like on the home page of the site, for example, you could change that Source parameter, and redirect the user to the home page (or some other page on the site). More info: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/developer/sharepoint-2010/ms772417(v=office.14)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-20-2021 09:03 AM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 98

Hi Hilary,

I got it. Thank you for the information. It's helpful. I really appreciated it. You're the best. Thank you, :=)

Have a great day and stay safe!  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.