Publish via Command Line - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Publish via Command Line

Last post 04-08-2010 01:44 AM by laflour. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-22-2005 06:04 AM

Publish via Command Line

I was wanting to know is there a way to publish an InfoPath form via command line to a SharePoint site? We are trying to write a build/install script that also has the building and compiling of such things as web services, biztalk orchs., etc. and would like to make InfoPath apart of this install script.

Thanks...
    Jason
    http://www.k2distillery.com/
  • 09-28-2005 08:27 AM In reply to

Re: Publish via Command Line

We can do this, but yes it takes time. Please talk to Patrick if you want it to be done by us.

Agni
    InfoPath Dev India
  • 09-29-2005 08:33 PM In reply to

Hi VT,
    We have a tool to do this. Please send me e-mail.

Patrick Halstead [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPathDev
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 11-03-2005 07:38 PM In reply to

I just saw this article. We moved on and decieded not to what I wanted but seems like this would give you the ability to publish and config your for as part of a build script...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/infopath/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/odc_ip2003_ta/html/officeinfopathxsnfixupdeployformtemplatescript.asp
    Jason
    http://www.k2distillery.com/
  • 11-05-2005 12:25 AM In reply to

Thanks VT,
    Looks like they used similar techniques to what we used for our tool ...

Patrick Halstead [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPathDev
    Patrick Halstead
  • 12-01-2008 03:56 PM In reply to

Is there a solution to publishing without the wizard? I wrote an new post earlier today:

I have a custom infopath form for the document information panel in Word. It has nothing to do with SharePoint and is being populated by a web service. The whole project is scripted for deployment. Therefore, I do not want to right-click --> deploy. I have not found a way to automate this. All I need is a way to publish to a local drive without using the wizard.

An idea: here is a blurb from a blog post. If anyone has any specific direction on how to do this, this may work:

The InfoPath design mode doesn't support automation. However, "publishing" is really just an operation which sets some properties in the XSF file (within the template XSN) and then copies the XSN to the target location.
    (Unless you're publishing to a Windows SharePoint Services Form Library, in which case InfoPath does do some fancy stuff.)
    So you should be able to write code which cracks an XSN (just a CAB), sets the appropriate settings in the XSF, re-CABs the XSN, then copies the file to your HTTP location using whatever protocol you want.
  • 01-20-2009 11:02 AM In reply to

This does not capable for sharepoint form library?

• 01-20-2009 09:57 PM In reply to

bobparker:

(Unless you're publishing to a Windows SharePoint Services Form Library, in which case InfoPath does do some fancy stuff.) 

This is exactly what i am going to do: to pub it into a MOSS Form Library, what the fancy stuff it is?

• 01-20-2009 10:40 PM In reply to

We have automation that publishes to Web Servers as well as SharePoint sites. We'd need to spend a couple hours to package it up into a service to automate publishing. If you guys are interested send me a private e-mail with detailed scenarios.

Patrick Halstead
  • 04-08-2010 01:44 AM In reply to

• laflour
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-08-2009
    • Sydney
    • Posts 6

There is a step-by-step instruction how to do this http://vspug.com/koning53/2007/10/16/infopath-vsto-post-build-steps/
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.