sum for specified date range - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

sum for specified date range

Last post 01-30-2020 07:46 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2020 12:08 PM

sum for specified date range

Hey!

I currently have a form that is designed to track total point values.  I have an occurrence date and expiration date set up.   The expiration date has a rule associated to apply conditional formatting (gray out box) when that date is reached which is 365 days after occurrence date.  I have attempted multiple times to set a rule that when the expiration date was reached to today, zero out that point but have had no luck.  Another option i was thinking would be to take the total which currently is set up as total(sum) and add some sort of rule to only total the points from the today and the past 365 days.  Does anyone have any insight on how to set this up.  Would it be a rule applied or simply a formula?

Thank you for any help! 

• 01-28-2020 04:31 PM In reply to

Re: sum for specified date range

Hi - is this a SharePoint List form? Or a library form? Here's a sample form - save the attached file locally, right click and select Design, then you can preview and try it.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-28-2020 05:13 PM In reply to

Re: sum for specified date range

Thank you so much for the reply. it is a library form and I am attaching a copy for reference.  Expiration date is set for 365 days from occurrence date and is already set to format to gray when that date is reached however i would like the point value to also zero out for only that occurrence. 

If that is not possible can i set the occurrence point total on top (currently set for Sum(pointvalue) to calculate the sum for only points in the last 365 days? If this is possible i would still have to zero out the points below but the total would be accurate year to date.

Thank you again for your help, i really appreciate the insight and knowledge 

• 01-30-2020 07:46 AM In reply to

Ah, it is in a repeating table! Add another field to the repeating group in the form schema (you don't have to display it on the form) and leverage that as a helper field along with a form load rule. I've given this a try in this copy of the form.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.