Info Path 2013 form not showing all data in a field - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Info Path 2013 form not showing all data in a field

Last post 10-02-2019 12:20 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-02-2019 10:44 AM In reply to

Re: Info Path 2013 form not showing all data in a field

The data is there, it just doesn't display. So, when you open and then submit a form that shows these symptoms, the data is still in the list. I have no idea. I mean, my suspicion would be that the workflow is actually changing the data, but if it still exists when you export the list to Excel, that's not it. I was hoping a different control type would show all the data..... I wonder if there is some special char in there that is causing the issue? I can't think of what it would be, but that may be something worth looking at. If it were a regular InfoPath form, we could look at the XML, but that's not possible with a list....You could try a REST query in the browser on the list, but I'd assume that is going to return the same thing as you see in Excel.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-02-2019 12:10 PM In reply to

I don't know if I should be happy or if I should cry. 

I was looking over everything again.  The list open on one scree, Info Path on another, and SharePoint Designer open on the third.  While looking at the MLT1History I decided to change the text type from Enhanced Rich Text to Rich text. 

That solved the problem.  I made the change, refreshed the fields in Info Path, removed and then replace the appropriate fields into the form, and published...

Why did I ever go into IT?

• 10-02-2019 12:20 PM In reply to

I think happy is the appropriate response - I didn't think about the data type as the issue. Good job and I'm glad you found it and fixed it!
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.